CLOSED: Simply Raw

Contact 310-395-5559

606 Broadway Ste 102, Santa Monica, California, USA, 90404

Raw food restaurant, opened Jun 2014. Order at the counter and food is brought to your table. Vegan except for honey and bee pollen. SHUT DOWN AS OF OCT 1, 2014 - MIGHT RE-OPEN, LET HAPPYCOW KNOW!

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Raw, Take-out

First Review by ellumine

Some Good Some Bad - Edit

Very nice atmosphere, they spent time creating this place. I wanted it to be incredible and welcomed a new raw place in Santa Monica. Unfortunately, so far, their food needs some work. They need to work in their recipes and improve flavors. The dressing on the beet salad was so peppery that I got some bad heart burn from it, lasagna was bland and lacking layers.
The teriyaki kelp noodle salad was ok, but also a bit too much ginger and peppery.
Desserts were the best part. I understand this is a hip new cafe, which makes the pricing about right, but portion sizes are tiny compared to other local raw places.
Think I'll wait a couple months to come back.
Hope they make it.

Pros: Nice Space

Cons: Pricy For Portions

JUST OPENED...I'LL GIVE IT A SECOND TRY... - Edit

I work right around the corner and needed a little something to hold me over until I got out.

Enjoyed my order of BRUSCHETTA ($8).
Their "macadamia ricotta" was delicious! The buckwheat crackers were complementary to the appetizer. I thought the tomatoes and basil topping was true to a traditional bruschetta, complete with a vinegarette. My to-go order was served on a bed of arugula.

Unfortunately, I was left a little disappointed overall. The portion of 3 crackers seemed small, even for an appetizer. I def had an expectation that they would spruce up the this traditional appetizer with something more in the tomato/basil mixture. Also the arugula was very dry and limp--too bad because I typically enjoy eating garnishes.

I will def give another try. I hear good things about the TACOS with walnut meat and TERIYAKI NOODLES. My friend had the STROGANOFF but said it lacked flavor/salt.

Pros: RAW, UNPASTEURIZED, ORGANIC, RAW-TAKE ON MANY TRADITIONAL DISHES, FRIENDLY, PROMPT SERVICE

Cons: BRAND NEW SO MAY BE WORKING KINKS OUT

Return to Santa Monica Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Simply Raw closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 716 times since Jun 2014.