First Review by simplyrawbakery

such a beautiful place! - Edit

Super sweet design, felt so cozy and comfortable inside, especially with the fireplace.
The service was very good too.
A good selection to choose from. I had the 'kaiserschmarrn' which was toothsome. I was impressed that my cafe latte with homemade almond milk tasted that good. I didn't even use sugar with it what is very uncommon for me. Highly recommending!
Good located near metro station schwedenpfad

Pros: super nice and cozy interior , easy to find, yummie food

best vegan place - Edit

Lovely place, very invested in the interior and serving design and the food is equally invested. Excellent raw vegan versions of traditional Austrian dishes. pleasure!

Pros: Great vegan food, Wonderful design, Excellent friendly serving

Cons: High prices

Overpriced, tasteless rip off food with lovely staff. - Edit

The waitress was very sweet, helpful and polite. The dish she recommended was 8.90 a small bowl of green mush with extra avocado, unseasoned quinoa. I was starving and this left me still hungry. I don't think raw should mean bland. I could make it at home and it would taste better. I also couldn't get over the prices. 3.50 for water!

Pros: All raw. Friendly staff

Cons: Expensive, terrible Xmas music on repeat, bland f

Don't visit Vienna without coming here! - Edit

What a little Gem of a place ❤️. Delicious, beautiful food in elegant surroundings and lovely service. The only problem with it was that I literally wanted to try everything as it all looked so good. The chai latte was the best I have ever tasted and I have tasted a lot. For all health conscious vegans this place is a must. The only down side for me was the fact that they don't have a customer toilet, however they were happy to let us use the staff toilet. I would also have loved to buy their cookery book as it looked amazing but sadly they did not have an English version. I will definitely go back when I next visit Vienna 😋

Very cute place! Good options - Edit

Loved this place- wonderfully decorated- reminds me of a sweet lil tea party. They have so many deserts to choose from and a few meals, smoothies, juice. I had the quinoa bowl- it was delicious but very small portion for kind a pretty expensive price. I paid about 20euro for the quinoa bowl, a juice and a desert. The quality is definitely there. Very friendly staff. I highly recommend this place.

Pros: yummy!, CUTE place

Cons: expensive, small portions

Exquisite from start to finish. - Edit

Tucked away in a beautiful square downtown, this bakery offered so many delights that I had a hard time choosing among them. The homemade almond milk was naturally sweet, the pesto zucchini noodles were far better than their glutinous counterpart, and the banana chocolate cupcake made from cashews was a pure delight. I can't wait until their cookbook comes out next year.

Pros: Excellent food, Central and beautiful location, Extra friendly staff

Cons: Too many delights to choose from, Relatively small seating area, Not located in my hometown

great bakeries salads... less tasty - Edit

We enjoyed so much the sweats bakeries.
The XL salad was nothing exceptionnal... And expensive. My salad was probably not well cleaned and got few crusty salad pieces in my mouth. W decided to eat raw sweet bakery and waw, so good and healty!

Pros: great bakery, original and tasty!, great service, comfortable seats

Cons: crusty salad.... nothing original....pricy, price bit high

Hmmm.... - Edit

Ok, I'll start by saying that I'm a bit open-minded when it comes to raw food. I don't only eat raw food, I'll eat cooked food as well, but this place came up with great reviews on here so we thought we would try it, being in the centre of Vienna as we were.

I ordered a quinoa salad, which came with rocket, tomatoes, avocado, and a bit of quinoa (very little of it, if I'm honest.)

The ingredients were very fresh and very well put together, and when I'd finished eating the interesting bits of my meal - the leaves, the tomatoes, the avocado and the few grains ... I then encountered a sort of ... what shall I call it? ...green mulch at the bottom.

At first I started eating this enthusiastically. It was a sort of zuccini blend I believe, and to be honest I had to eat it because I was still pretty hungry after eating the few interesting ingredients which had been on top, and I had a lot of space left. Reader, I was still starving.

But to be honest, there was a lot of this liquid stuff, and after a few mouthfuls, I realised that what I was eating was a sort of cold, green, vinegary... soup. After a few spoonfuls, I couldn't taste the zuccini at all, just vinegar. But there was still a lot of it left, and I was still hungry, (hell, I'd paid the best part of 12 euro for this, I was going to get my money's worth!) so I kept eating.

Until.. eventually, my mouth started to sting from all the vinegar, and I started to get a bit of a tummy ache. Surely, I thought, no food should contain this much vinegar? I mean... it was probably one of the sourest things I've ever eaten... I felt that the dish would have been much improved for having much more quinoa (which was listed as a main ingredient on the menu) and much less vinegar. Honestly, eating this thing was pretty much like drinking a bottle of Balsamic with a cider apple vinegar chaser.

So no, I can't recommend this place to others, especially not given the fact I was hungry again less than an hour later...

Pros: Fresh ingredients

Cons: Not much choice, Overpriced, Too much vinegar!

amazing!!! - Edit

I had breakfast there and I absolutely loved it. The place is very cozy and it has outdoor seats. I had the açai bowl and a a matcha latte (with delicious homemade almond milk) and they were both very good. My boyfriend had a chocolate-chia pudding and a cappuccino and they very great too. IUnfortunately I didn't have the chance to go back there and try the raw cakes but they looked really good, Great place to visit and very conveniently located.

Pros: great breakfatst, location

Cons: closes early

Really really good - Edit

I think it is (one of) the nicest and best raw-vegan places I have ever seen!!

sugar_vie 14 Jun 2016 - thank you eva! we're happy that you enjoyed your time in our bakery :)

Not mindblowing, if you are a fan of raw kitchen.. - Edit

The restaurant itself is very nicely decorated and the food displays are really rising the apettite.
I tried a wide selection of their desserts, but could'nt order anything from the menu, since they close the kitchen half an hour before closing time and was also told immediately while ordering, that they want to close on time, so we should keep that in mind if we dine in.
As someone who is a real fan of raw desserts and makes them myself a lot I was slightly dissapointed. I could taste the overusage of coconut oil and if I hadn't known what I ordered I wouldn't be able to tell if it was a chocolate chip cookie or just a plain granola bar.
To be honest, the dates I bought later on were much more satisfying...

Pros: Nice atmosphere, Wide choice

Cons: Plain taste, Service

Fresh, organic, delicious, beautiful - Edit

The food here is the best raw vegan I've ever had. Everything is a hit, it's so healthy, and so tasty. The decor is so beautiful, and the fact you can get a full meal for less than 10€ is a bargain.

Pros: Taste, gourmet, Price, Portions

Cons: some smoothies are a bit watery, not open very late

Return to Vienna Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Simply Raw Bakery and Bistro closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.