Simply Pure

Contact 702-810-5641

707 Fremont St Ste 1310 (at Downtown Container Park), Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, 89101

Eatery opened by raw food chef Stacey Dougan in 2013. Offers vegan cooked and raw meals for grab n go, sweets, juices, and an organic salad bar. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm, Sun 11:00am-8:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Organic, Raw, Fast food, Salad bar, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by sglcklch

Mostly raw, delicious veg food to-go - Edit

Located in Container Park, a cool outdoor urban space that is built entirely from recycled shipping containers and crates, Simply Pure is a vegetarian cafe on the upper level. With a great selection of mostly raw and vegan foods to-go. This is a must in Las Vegas for healthy vegan food options!

Updated from previous review on 2016-08-27

Healthy & Fresh! - Edit

The hardest thing for me to do, when visiting a new-to-me restaurant, is narrowing my options down, as to not waste. Simply Pure answers our foodie prayers with several sampler plates from which you can choose.

I got the Sampler #1, which comes with a Zucchini Pasta Trio, Nacho Grande, and the "Chicken" Salad Lettuce Wrap. At #13.95, this plate could feed two. I'm not a fan of tomatoes or cheese (even vegan cheese), and they were very accommodating to my modified order requests.

Everything was good, but the nachos were my favorite. The food was fresh and light, yet filling. It was the perfect lunch for a hot summer day.

I thought the prices were very reasonable for the quality and amount of food that you're given.

The place is small, with 5 mini tables, big enough for 2 patrons at each (total of 10 seats), but they seem to get a lot of traffic.

The employees were very nice. There was enjoyable music playing in the background.

It's located within the Container Park, and if it weren't for me purposefully looking for it and GPS leading me here, I'd never have found it.

best vegan new york plain cheesecake - Edit

All I had was the cheesecake, but I will be returning, This delicousness is true to classic New York Cheesecake, and should impress anyone who loves it, vegan or non, raw and non.

Healthy and Delicious - Edit

We found this restaurant through Happy Cow, we were thrilled with our healthy and delicious meal.

We couldn't decide what we wanted so we ordered 2 combo plates. The first one had Zucchini Pasta with Pesto, Nachos Grande and Lettuce Wraps. The second one had Chili Cheese Jicama Fries, Raw Tacos and Kale Chips. Each plate was between $12-14, and they were decent sized portions. Definitely a good value considering we were able to share all this food as a snack between 4 people. If you are there for a full meal I would recommend a whole plate per person unless you are a light eater.

Everything tasted very fresh and delicious. The nacho cheese was the creamy potato/carrot variety and was really tasty. The Chili Cheese Jicama fries were my favourite the combination of the cold jicama and the hot taco meat and cheese was absolutely delicious. The "chicken" lettuce wraps were okay, they had a spice in them that I'm not a fan of but the texture was really good.

The service wasn't overly friendly but the food was prepared quickly and she made sure we were aware of the substitutions she had to make due to being out of certain ingredients and asked if we had allergies which I thought was very thoughtful.

If you are visiting Las Vegas I highly recommend visiting Simply Pure.

Pros: Good Value, Quick, Healthy

Cons: Minimal Seating, Customer Service

food Okay but - Edit

The food was good and vegan cheesy, but not raw and not exceptional. The service was cold and we did not feel welcomed at all. Not need to come for this but If you are already in the area and there is nothing vegan around why not.

Pros: juice, area

Cons: food not exceptional, expensive, service

A good place to try - Edit

I went to Simply Pure yesterday with my friend. We took the lasagnas and the Jicama Chili Cheese Fries. The lasagnas were delicious. However, the chili was way too salty... I felt so thirsty after that.
I appreciated to chose the size of the portion for the Jicama chili (full or half), because I usually prefer small portions.
The staff was nice, and the place (Containers) was original and pleasant.

Pros: Nice location, Good value, Tasty food

Cons: Jicama Chili too salty

Good food, fun atmosphere - Edit

Good food! The atmosphere at the Downtown Container Park is fun! Within the same plaza you can find a few other places with vegan items on the menu, including vegan jerky (not kidding). At THIS restaurant, we had the nachos and the jicama chili fries. I would eat those again, or anything else on the menu.

Pros: Atmosphere

Cons: Not much indoor seating

great place to eat! - Edit

We always have to stop by when we are in town. Last night we had some friends with us and they decided to skip a meat meal and try this place out. They LOVED IT! Our friends ordered the pesto pasta dish. The sauce was amazing! I ordered the Asian tacos, which I'm still dreaming about the next day. Thank you guys for always serving delicious meals consistently. Good luck with the expansion!

tasty raw food - and makes you full - Edit

our first raw vegan experience in Las Vegas and it was super delicious. we had several things from the menue and all tasted great.
be careful with the fries though, if you're sensitive to garlic - you might feel it the next day still

Pros: raw, tasty, great location

Fantastisches rohes Essen - Edit

netter Laden, angenehme Umgebung, hatte den ULTIMATE SAMPLER #3, ein Querschnitt des gesamten Angebotes, es war eine riesige Portion auf 2 Platten und verdammt lecker

Pros: raw

Great salad bar - Edit

I couldn't decide what to order from the menu, so I got a salad instead. I choose the medium sized container, and the counter staff added the items I wanted. It ended up being a little over $7, so a good deal. I want to go back before I leave Vegas, and next time I'm going to get the large box. So healthy, and so tasty.... I wish I could eat like this every day!

They do not have tables inside the shop, but there are lots of tables dotted around the premises where you can sit and eat your meal, or take back to your hotel. I went at 200pm, so it was easy to find a seat... at the lunch rush, it may be more difficult. But worth the visit!

Pros: Great flavors, Near all downtown hotels, Great setting

Yay for vegan, but no warm cooked food - Edit

To be clear, this is not a raw food restaurant. It's a vegan place with some raw food, but all the cooked food (tofu, TVP, corn chips) is cold. I think the owners may be a little confused about (raw vs. cooked).

The establishment is located in Container Park a short walk from Fremont Street Experience. The Park is a strip-type mall full of little shops surrounding a park for kids. Lot's of interesting sculptures and photo ops.

The salad bar looks amazing and fresh. I wish I would have ordered that. Instead I took advice from the owner (?) and ordered the nachos. She allowed me to sub diced tomatoes for the pico (I hate raw onions) which was REALLY nice of her.

I feel bad complaining about the nachos because I don't even really like them or TVP (it's so salty). If I have another opportunity, I'll go back for the salad bar just to support the only vegan restaurant in DTLV.

Pros: Customer Service - friendly workers, Clean, cute, and fast, Proximity to Fremont Street

Cons: TVP is yucky/salty (like all TVP), On the expensive side

Vegan in downtown LV - Edit

When visiting Vegas, we always stay at the Cabana Suites at the El Cortez, so we are thrilled that Simply Pure is at the Container Park across the street. We stopped in one afternoon to check out their hours and left with the key lime pudding. Another night, we got the nachos, raw tacos, lettuce wraps and chocolate ganache to take back to the hotel. Large portions and very tasty, especially the puddings. Very intense and rich. I look forward to trying more menu options on our next trip.

Pros: all vegan , friendly staff

amazing nachos - Edit

In container park, a collection of shipping containers converted into bars, cafes and shops. Really cool location and the nachos I had were tremendous- good drink collection and awesome cashew cheese.

Pros: lovely staff, very helpful, tasty food, cool location

Cons: no seats inside

hello freshness - Edit

I love this place. Unpretentious yet the food are uninhibited. Love the use of spice and the play of textures. I had that meatless chicken wraps made of ground almonds and cashews .... divine! Cold marinara over zucchini pasta is just lovely to the palate and the vegan nachos were fantastic. I am definitely a fan of this place.

Best Raw/semi - raw We've Ever Had! - Edit

Vegas is tough for vegetarians, especially if you're vegan! My meat eating family loved it too & we can't wait to come back!

Pros: Feel Great Afterward, Good Prices, Friendly Staff

Cons: Off The Strip

Simply Awesome! - Edit

I visited Container park and was so happy to realize that they were located there. I had been trying to find a way to get to Simply Pure while visiting Las Vegas, but I didn't realize they were IN container park.

The food was amazing. I had the Nachos with Cashew cheese sauce and the chocolate ganache pudding. Both were very flavorful, and was amazed that the food there was mostly(not fully) raw.

The people working there were very friendly and helpful. I was able to taste the cheese sauce and ganache before I ordered them, so that was cool.

If I didn't live in Chicago, I would definitely go here regularly. Next time I visit, I will be trying the (vegan) Chicken salad wraps. I got to taste some of it, but had already ordered.

Overall, I love this place.. I hope they open up more locations across the country!

Pros: Delicious food, Friendly staff, Cool location

Cons: A bit expensive

Tasty Vegan Food, Some Raw, Some Cooked - Edit

I was walking around Downtown Vegas, and decided to try the first vegan restaurant that I know of in this area of Las Vegas.

The restaurant is on the second floor of the new Container Park: an interesting looking mall that is constructed out of large metal rectangular containers.

The restaurant is a actually a small counter with a glass cabinet filled with delicious looking vegan goodies.

Seating consists of a few tables on the same floor, and I was lucky to get the one table right in front of this little restaurant.

Another reviewer had mentioned that he thought this was a raw food vegan restaurant, but they have never sold themselves as a raw restaurant.

I ordered the nachos based on a recommendation. Although the nachos were very tasty and the portion was enough for 2 people or one very hungry person, I think the dish could have been even better had the vegan meat and vegan cheese had been heated up. All of their food, as far as I know, is served cold. They mentioned there was no oven on the premises.

I enjoyed a melon kombucha, and the person who served me my food offered me a sample of some delicious energy balls made with nuts and fruits. They also have several fresh puddings that looked great.

It's wonderful to finally see a vegan restaurant option in downtown Vegas. The service is quick, the people working there are very friendly ahd helpful, and the food is tasty.

Pros: Ambiance, Food, Portion sizes large

First foray into Raw Foods - Edit

This was my first raw food restaurant. The food was very good, well prepared, and attractive. It was a little more bland than I like, but I expect that is part of the raw aspect. Cold foods don't push the scent and flavour as easily as hot, cooked foods. We had a zucchini pasta with maranara and olives, and a vegan chicken wrap, and enjoyed them both.

Pros: Attractive food, Healthy, Friendly, helpful staff

Cons: Small menu, Small dining area

Not 100% raw - Edit

I was under the impression that this place was 100% raw, but it wasn't, and actually quite far from it. They did have a salad bar that had many raw items, but a lot of them were raw by default anyway. There were things like couscous, pad thai, ground "meat", etc. that I assumed were raw until the staff told me otherwise - Couscous was just the regular kind; pad thai was made of glass noodles; ground "meat" was TVP, which was the very opposite of raw...

That aside, the food was passable. I had a small salad box with kale, marinated mushrooms, hummus, pad thai, and raw "chicken" salad (which was more or less a paste. I would have preferred a chunkier texture). Then I got a Thai-inspired wrap filled with pad thai, TVP , herbs, and some kind of Thai chili sauce. The first few bites were pretty good, then the flavors became too strong and almost cloying due to the sugary chili sauce. I was also a little bummed that it came with regular tortilla chips instead of a raw alternative.

This place is not worth traveling out of your way for, but is acceptable for quick vegan bites as long as you don't set the bar too high and expect to find inspiring raw vegan food. Still, choices would be very basic for complete raw vegans. On a brighter note, the staff members were all very nice and charmingly friendly. I also liked that they let me try as many samples as I wanted. All in all, a solid three cows.

Pros: friendly staff

Cons: very basic raw options

Simply Pure 14 Mar 2014 - Hello! Thank you for your review of Simply Pure. My name is Stacey Dougan and I am the owner. My sincere apologies that you were under the impression that we are a 100% raw vegan cafe. We did not list ourselves with Happy Cow. Someone else (don't even know who) listed us without my approval and without me knowing. As a result, misleading information was posted about Simply Pure. We have never claimed to be a 100% vegan raw eatery. I have contacted Happy Cow to make changes immediately to our profile.
Thank you for visiting us, I do appreciate your business!

Return to Las Vegas Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Simply Pure closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.