First Review by Esmeralda

Thank goodness for this place! - Edit

Loaded up on grocery items that I didn't think I would be able to find on Guam. While some items seem really pricey (hey- it's Guam, after all!) there were things that were around the same price as what I would pay at home in Hawaii. Like everyone else, I just wish they had longer hours.

Pros: prepared food and groceries- hooray!

Cons: limited hours

Vegetarian Community Meetup - Edit

Simply Food is the oldest vegetarian restaurant and store on Guam. It has been a beacon for vegetarians and a great place to meet other vegetarians. There are daily specials and a regular set menu. The food is delicious, affordable, the staff are helpful and friendly. There are vegan options, just be sure to ask for it. My favorites are the salad bar, mushroom loaf, thai curry, and mexican wrap. The store is stocked with frozen foods, canned items, spices, herbal teas, vitamins, and the discount food shelf. Ordering items in bulk will give you a discount. They also have a frequent buyer discount card. Though this is a SDA establishment, I have not been preached to at all, and I have met so many vegetarians here.

Pros: affordable , delicious, friendly staff & customers

Cons: lunch only, closes early Friday, closed weekends, cafeteria-like environment

Best in Guam? - Edit

The grocery store part is open from M-TH 8am-5:30 and Fridays from 8am-3. They have a ton of vegetarian items, some vegan, and a couple raw. They have nuts & grains in the largest quantities I have seen on Guam and many of them raw. Quite a few items I was not able to find anywhere else in Guam such as bee pollen, wheatberries, raw sesame seeds but they carry them here. They have real food...many "healthfoood" stores in guam just have random stuff & then vitamins/minerals, you could actually grocery shop here if you were vegetarian. They also have a nice selection of organic body products if your into that. There prices are normal taking Guam into consideration...much cheaper than Nuts & Grains. The people working here are super helpful.

Pros: Selection, price

Cons: hours

Simply Food location - Edit

The restaurant was a real treat for lunch; an oasis. It is located on the same road as the Naval Hospital on the opposite side of the street. It is next to a 7th Day Adventist church and they share the same parking lot.

Pros: Delicious, Relaxed atmosphere, Affordable

Thrillied! - Edit

We were so excited to find this place and only wish we had come earlier! We were very happy with our sandwiches - a "BLT" and "smoked turkey". Prices were reasonable, it was PACKED with friendly people and had a community feeling. And there was no proselytizing!

Pros: great menu, reasonable prices, health food store

Delicious! - Edit

Delicious food, nice atmosphere, great service. I would highly recommend Simply food. I try to get there at least twice a week. Everything served is vegetarian with a few vegan options. Includes a well stocked store in the back with every type of vegetarian food you could need. Also includes books about being a vegetarian and recipe books. The only con is that the restaurant is only open from 11-2 Monday through Friday.

Pros: Great, friendly staff, Great food, Good atmosphere

Cons: Times

Return to Guam Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Simply Food closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3497 times since Aug 2007.