Ma Cocoute

Contact +40-741671596

Nicopole, 34A, Brasov, Romania,

Serves meat, vegan options available. In Nov 2013 changed name from Simplicity raw food restaurant and added meat stuff alongside some raw food. Warm atmosphere inspired by the landscapes of Provence, France, with playground for children, wireless internet, both smoking and non smoking sections. Serves coffee and cakes. Open Mon-Sun 10:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Organic, Raw, Western, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Romanian, Non-veg

First Review by Sihaaja

Wonderful food and very relaxed atmosphere - Edit

This restaurant does serve meat options but still has a full menu of vegetarian and vegan options, including 'Raw' food. Five of us ate there for lunch in early September 2014 and all had different vegan meals, and were all loved them. I had the raw burger with raw chips, neither of which I had every tried before, and was delighted with them. Both extremely tasty. As the weather was nice we were able to eat in the large outdoor area which added to the relaxed summer atmosphere. We would all come here again if in the area. It was well worth the trip.

Pros: Wide range of vegetarian & vegan options, Relaxed friendly atmosphere

Cons: Smoking allowed outside

Ok food - Edit

I had the raw shaorma with kohlrabi fries. The shaorma was mostly iceberg lettuce, some carrots, pickles and walnuts. I was a bit disappointed with it as it seemed like something I could have easily made myself even without access to a kitchen by just buying the ingredients in the supermarket. The kohlrabi fries were ok. Other than the fries, it didn't seem like the shaorma was anything special, and I could have bought a similar shaorma at many places in Brasov. I was in Brasov for a few days, but I didn't feel like going back after that one time. It might be nice since they have added meat dishes to also add some hot vegetarian and vegan food.

My first raw vegan restaurant - Edit

I visited Simplicity when I was on holidays in Romania two weeks ago; as it was recommended in some tourist brochure I got at the hostel. It was my first raw vegan restaurant ever, so I've got nothing to compare with. They have no English menu, but the waiter was nice and helped me and my boyfriend to choose. I got a rawburger with kohlrabi "french fries" and chocolate pancakes. The food was good, but the portions were quite small. The prices are moderate, but if you really want to get your stomach full, you may as well eat two dishes and a dessert. My boyfriend had some typical Romanian food made raw vegan with cabbage and very tasty dessert of the day with forest fruit. Personally, I couldn't eat raw food every day, but it was an interesting gastronomic experience. We were sitting outdoors and there was also some band playing and lots of local people with kids having fun. The atmosphere was nice and friendly.

Pros: Good prices, Good food, Entertainment with live band

Cons: No English menu, Small portions

Return to Brasov Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ma Cocoute closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.