CLOSED: simpleRaw - Oehlenschlaegersgade

• Vegan

Contact +45-35353005

Oehlenschlaegersgade 12 (at Vesterbrogade), Copenhagen, Denmark, 1663

Established in 2010, this vegan and raw food cafe and take away offers a large range of delectable fresh foods, juices, and products to take home. The specialty is sandwich and chocolate mousse. Free Wi-Fi, plays lounge music in a cozy sitting area. Kitchen stops 30 minutes before closing. In June 2015 simpleRaw opened its 2nd and larger location on Grabrodretorv in Copenhagen. JUN 2016 REPORTED THIS OUTLET SHUT.

Category: Vegan, Raw, Western, Juice bar, Delivery, Take-out, Fusion

First Review by Lissa

Most tasty food (and cheese) - Edit

After reading a lot of positive reviews about this place I couldn't wait to ectually try it myself. The menu didn't have that much to offer besides sandwiches so I went for the burger with avocado and cheese. Being always sceptical about vegan cheese I nevertheless gave it a try, and it was SPLENDIT! It was the best tasting cheese I had ever had and in combination with the burger it led to instant happiness. Together with a nice almond milkshake I was in vegan heaven. The sidings next to the burger could be a little better but the service was praiseworthy! It was even possible to have conversations with the people I shared a table with. Looking forward to coming here again.

Pros: Incredibly tasty, Fun waiters, Nice atmosphere

Cons: Poor choice, Poor siders

amazing - Edit

I usually hate raw vegan food and I only came here because it was close to where I was staying.

I think it was the best veggie burger I've had. I forgot to breathe while eating it (luckily I got it to go). I found it extremely filling, but I had also got the 3 flavor sampler of their cakes (lemon chocolate and strawberry) and couldn't believe how good they were.

I'm so glad I came here during the beginning of my trip so that I know it's good and will come back.

Amazing cakes ! - Edit

I recently tried their burger which I thought was pretty bland, I had heard a whole lot about it so I gave it a try but was disappointed. There was no fries with the burger either( and yes it is a raw place but then why have a burger on the menu if you don't go all the way with fries).However the cakes at simple raw are amazing!

Love the cakes - Edit

Raw food is not my cup of tea, but from time to time it is nice to get some raw tapas or juicy salads. However, in my opinion this place shines best with their desserts. I find some of the meals bland tasting, so I drawn my sorrow in the triple chocolate layered cake. It always works out :)

Pros: smart looking place, awesome cakes.

Cons: pricey, some meals miss an extra push.

Really great burger, recommended! - Edit

Yummy vegan burger, with vegan cheese, and a salad on the side made from vegetables of the season. Good porton size, a lot of food for 125 DKK. Delicious hot cocoa, but it could be less watery, maybe with soy milk instead of almond? Tasty coconut balls, just 30 DKK for three balls.

Pros: A wide variety of yummy vegan food, Value for your money

Cons: Small space, both out- and in-doors

One of the world's best veg burgers - Edit

I've enjoyed vegan food throughout Europe and the U.S. and agree with reviewers who write that the Warm Vegan Burger is truly one of the best veg burgers in the world. It is a thick burger with a flavorful patty garnished with lettuce, tomato, pickled red onion, cucumber, creamy avocado and cheese (the last two toppings on request) on a gluten-free quinoa-amaranth bun.

The cabbage salad has a nice crunch and comes with an apple-ginger dressing.

The Dagmar shake (banana, almond milk, cacao and agave) was not particularly memorable. It was small and tasted more like chocolate milk with banana flavor. I prefer a thicker smoothie with more cacao power.

The triple chocolate cake was delicious, but a little too small.

The ginger lemon cookie was flat, seedy and half dipped in chocolate. It was OK. Lemon and ginger flavors need to be stronger.

Staff was friendly and accommodating. Still, make reservations because there are only three group tables inside. Expect to share a table with other people.

Pros: Great burger, Friendly service

Cons: Expensive, Few tables, Small dessert portions

Won't return - Edit

I had e-mailed and booked a table beforehand. I was arriving from Hamburg by train, after quite a few hours' trip. I indicated that I would do my best to make it on time, but depending on when the kitchen closes it could be stressful. I don´t have their response anymore, but they pretty much assured me that it would be no problem. I arrived on time and ordered a burger, which I quite enjoyed. It was perhaps a bit larger than what I would have expected, so I needed to take my time. Even though I was the only customer in the restaurant, I was asked to order a dessert straightaway, if I wanted any. Not having eaten a solid meal for maybe a day, and given that I love all things sweet, I ordered some sort of truffle or chocolate cake. By the time I was done with the food, the cake had almost melted.. I ended up eating it on my way back to the railway station. Since raw food isn´t usually cheap, and the circumstances were the way they were, I don´t think the value for the money was that good... nor the service.

Good, but - Edit

First let me tell you: Their vegan burger is literally amazing. I loved every bite of it. You have to try it. It's pretty expensive so I didn't buy that much but my non-vegan father did like the burger too. Their food taste great, but they could improve. Plus the place is very small only place to 3 groups of people. But the staff is very friendly. I may visit the place again but it's not on the top of the list.

Pros: Friendly staff, Good food

Cons: Small place, Expensive, Waiting

Decent food, decadent desserts - Edit

This was a nice little restaurant, and the staff were very friendly and explained the menu to us very well in English. We had one of the raw tapas plates, and it was good but not amazing. The highlights were the salads, whereas I wasn't overwhelmed by the falafel patties.

The desserts, however, were very impressive! We shared the triple chocolate cake and chocolate fudge cake, and in fact they were pretty similar and very delicious. All in all, an expensive meal for what you got, but we were full and happy at the end.

Pros: Friendly staff, Great desserts, Fresh ingredients

Cons: Expensive, Savoury menu a bit underwhelming

Best raw restaurant in Copenhagen - Edit

My only two complaints about this restaurant is that it is expensive,but then everything is expensive here, and that it is in a neighborhood that I not only don't go to often, but actually really dislike going to. I just don't care for the area, but his restaurant is worth going out there, which is really saying a lot.
That said, this place is really good. I lived in NYC for many years and ate at many raw restaurants there, and this place is pretty darn close to a NYC quality raw restaurant. The staff is actually quite friendly which is pretty rare in Denmark.

If you're in Copenhagen, and want a really delicious meat in a relaxed setting,and you're out in Vesterbro with some extra kroner to spend, I highly recommend this place!

Pros: Delicious food, Delicious desserts, Relaxed setting

Cons: Expensive, Location

Small and Cozy Gourmet Style Restaurant - Edit

SimpleRaw is pretty small restaurant with only something like three tables. The decor is very unique - the inside walls are just raw bricks with the floor and lower part of the walls covered by wood, like the seating and tables are also made of wood. The food comes quickly after ordering and is served beautifully arranged. The food is well seasoned and quite delicious. The staff is also very nice. However, the food is quite expensive and the portions pretty small.

Pros: Cozy, Delicious Gourmet food

Cons: Expensive, Small portions

Excellent food - Edit

I've been to simpleRaw twice and both times were great experiences. The first time was just a quick visit to get some dessert. We had a sampler of raw desserts and they were very tasty.
The second time, I decided to get the burger, as it is known for being one of the best vegan burgers in the area. It did not disappoint. It was one of the best burgers and I have eaten a lot of vegan burgers. It was also extremely filling and so while I finished the burger, I gave up on the side salad that came with it.

Pros: Cozy, Fast, Delicious food

Great Food - Edit

538th best restaurant in Copenhagen? F you and the horse you rode in on Tripadvisor! This place is great...yummy food, nice decor and friendly staff. One of the best veggie burgers ever...and I eat many veggie burgers.

Pros: Great Veggie Burgers , Nice Decor , Friendly Staff

Cons: Slightly Hard To Find , A Tad Expensive

EXCELLENT OPTION. FANTASTIC FOOD. - Edit

Our experience there was amazing. You MUST eat the open sandwich made of Pickled Onions and Portobello Mushroom Patée. All the options were super tasty and well presented.

Pros: Tasty food, Location

Cosy raw food restaurant - Edit

I was in simpleRaw about half a year ago as I had it as my mission to visit as many raw food restaurants as I could while in Copenhagen. It was a bit out of my way and I was lucky that my friend lent me her bicycle, other than that I had no problem finding simpleRaw.

I liked the choice of raw foods, I had a zucchini spaghetti with pesto dressing, almonds and cherry tomatoes. For a dessert I had one of the raw cakes made with cashew nuts, don't remember anymore which one but the girl who worked there suggested me one of the cakes and I really enjoyed it.

I felt like the place lacked in atmosphere a little bit, it had a very eco feel about it, which was good, but the same time reminded me being in sauna as everything was made out of light-colored wood.

I also wasn't impressed that there was an additional charge for using a credit card as the meal itself was not very cheap.

Pros: really good quality food, friendly staff

Cons: lack of atmosphere, not very central, a bit pricey, additional charge on cards

Tasty raw food in a fresh environment - Edit

I was here this summer and it was the first time I tried raw food. I had the Smorrebrod Plate and the Chocolate Smoothie. They were both very tasty and filling. The restaurant had a cool atmosphere and it all seemed very fresh. The only con would be that the noise from the juice-maker is quite loud, and the place is quite small so it's difficult to avoid.

Pros: Tasty, fresh food, fresh place

Cons: loud environment

Great, healthy, friendly - Edit

Even though I'm Danish (not from Copenhagen though), it was a challenge for me to find this spot and I couldn't ask for directions because I couldn't figure out how to pronounce the street name!

Fortunately we found it in the end, and had a lovely dinner. The hot chocolate was a little too much cocoa for our taste, and we were told that the curry noodles didn't have a very distinctive taste of curry, which they did. However, that was our mistake. All in all, a wonderful place.

Pros: All vegan, Knowledgable, Friendly service

Cons: Pricey

Wonderful raw vegan (chocolate) cakes - Edit

A nice little restaurant with friendly staff. The light pinewood furniture provides a special and cozy atmosphere. I have been here only once so my experience might not be representative but I was not do much thrilled by the main dish I had. I arrived in the evening saying I was very hungry and asked for a recommendation. The friendly lady recommended one of the tapas dishes and I took it. Some components (like the green lentil salad with mango) were really nice but in general I missed the experience of new flavors and exciting combinations which I had in other raw food restaurants. The salad and carrots in rice paper just tasted like salad with raw carrots and were also quite cold. But the dessert - a raw chocolate cake - was just awesome, it was one of the best cakes I ever had.

Pros: great raw vegan cakes, nice staff, cozy atmosphere

High quality place for Raw eaters - Edit

I found this place with "Happy caw" site , I was with few friends that never tried Raw food ,and we all were surprised from the quality of the food.
The menu offers many interesting dishes , and everything we tasted was delicious . When next time I'm in Copenhagen I will surly visit this lovely restaurant again.

nice and modern decore for a vegan - Edit

Nice staff and good raw food. No hot dishes here. Good raw juices also. Not too expensive, but not cheap either. Interesting arranging of tables; you may end up eating surrounded by other raw food lovers. Must try.

Pros: nice staff, good vegan dishes

Cons: too strange furniture setup for me

Tasty - Edit

We had, my friend and me, our first raw dinner there and it was very satisfying. For us a little bit expensive, but in comparison with other restaurants in copenhagen not too bad. The triple chocolate cake is amazing!

Pros: nice place, tasty food, friendly

Cons: go vegan 100%

Sophisticated creations - Edit

I had a delicious spaghetti-shaped zucchini with Indian sauce, cashews, plenty of coriander leaves and fresh chili slices, with "lentil beef" and raw bread. The latter was an interesting crispbread-like experience, and the "lentil beef" was a raw patty made of lentil sprouts and a bit too much salt. The carrot-spinach-avocado-lemon smoothie with extra ginger was refreshing. Staff was helpful and friendly. Seating is limited. There is a brunch offer on Sundays and holidays 11:00-16:00 which I haven't been able to try.

Pros: delicious food, friendly staff, wide choice

Cons: limited seating

good raw foods - Edit

Everything raw vegan (except coffees and cow milk for them). Menu has smoothies, juices, breakfast, tapas plate to sample several things (159 kr), three main meals, organic wine, raw snacks and crackers. Salads with avocado, etc. Desserts including "cheese" cake. Main dishes include tabouleh and zucchini "spaghetti" with either tomato sauce and cashew-cream or curry sauce with fresh chili, chopped cashews, fresh cilantro, served with a lentil patty. I had the latter (95 kr), preceded by an apple-ginger juice shot (20 kr), and the lemon-orange cheesecake. All were delicious. The food is attractively presented.
Pleasant light-coloured wood interior. Closed Friday. Sun. noon-6 pm. Mon.-Thur. 11-4

Excellent food and experience - Edit

An attractive, small restaurant in a quiet and hip neighborhood. Take-away food available and small number of tables and stools. Staff was very friendly and (of course, Copenhagen) spoke perfect English. The food was high quality and high cuisine. I have a squash "pasta" with a great cashew sauce. Reasonably priced for this city. Highly recommended.

Pros: Creative dishes, Good quality, Friendly staff

Cons: Small

Good stuff! - Edit

Very good food, and a very nice place! Baby-friendly (several babies and mothers were having a good time when I was there) and hipster-friendly (several young guys with big glasses were also enjoing themselves).
Good staff working there.
Please open a place like this in Oslo!

I ate the Tabouleh with falafel, it was good stuff. I also had warm chocolate with almond milk, and a slice of orange "cheese" cake - smooth and nice indeed! The cake is very big, enough for two persons.

Pros: Nice environment, Excellent food

Cons: Boring magazines

Absolutely lovely restaurant - Edit

We went to Copenhagen in November and visited this lovely restaurant. It's located in a calm street, not far from the central train station.
It was the first time we ate in a completely raw restaurant and we LOVED it! We took a tapas plate and the raw pasta plate and of course deserts (orange lemon cheesecake and chocolate lemon ginger cookie). Everything was delicious and really filling. The green juice and apple/ginger shot were fabulous as well.
The owner was very nice and talked quite a lot with us, giving us advices about were to go and what we must see in the city. He even offered us a hot ginger tea as we saw us blow our nose a few times!
We really enjoyed our night there!

Pros: Delicious, Nice owner, Filling

Absolutely beautiful place with amazing cakes! - Edit

My husband and I went to Copenhagen and enjoyed the lemon/orange-cheesecake. My husband also had a coffee with almond milk. The cheesecake was amazing. My husband is not into raw foods at all but said how much he liked this cake.

I have been to raw restaurants in New York and other big cities, plus on potlucks, and this cake was definitely one of the best, if not the best.

Also, the place is cozy and has a warm and friendly atmosphere. The owner was really nice and friendly, too.

We enjoyed eating there a lot, it's a shame we didn't have time to eat a decent salad or another raw dish, too, but I bet they are just as amazing as the cake.

Pros: lemon/orange cheesecake, warm atmosphere, friendly owner

Return to Copenhagen Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: simpleRaw - Oehlenschlaegersgade closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 17475 times since Dec 2010.