CLOSED: simpleRaw - Oehlenschlaegersgade

Contact +45-35353005

Oehlenschlaegersgade 12 (at Vesterbrogade), Copenhagen, Denmark, 1663

Established in 2010, this vegan and raw food cafe and take away offers a large range of delectable fresh foods, juices, and products to take home. The specialty is sandwich and chocolate mousse. Free Wi-Fi, plays lounge music in a cozy sitting area. Kitchen stops 30 minutes before closing. In June 2015 simpleRaw opened its 2nd and larger location on Grabrodretorv in Copenhagen. JUN 2016 REPORTED THIS OUTLET SHUT. Open Mon 12:00pm-9:00pm, Tue-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri 11:00am-10:00pm, Sat 10:00am-10:00pm, Sun 10:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Raw, Western, Juice bar, Delivery, Take-out, Fusion

First Review by Lissa

Most tasty food (and cheese) - Edit

After reading a lot of positive reviews about this place I couldn't wait to ectually try it myself. The menu didn't have that much to offer besides sandwiches so I went for the burger with avocado and cheese. Being always sceptical about vegan cheese I nevertheless gave it a try, and it was SPLENDIT! It was the best tasting cheese I had ever had and in combination with the burger it led to instant happiness. Together with a nice almond milkshake I was in vegan heaven. The sidings next to the burger could be a little better but the service was praiseworthy! It was even possible to have conversations with the people I shared a table with. Looking forward to coming here again.

Pros: Incredibly tasty, Fun waiters, Nice atmosphere

Cons: Poor choice, Poor siders

amazing - Edit

I usually hate raw vegan food and I only came here because it was close to where I was staying.

I think it was the best veggie burger I've had. I forgot to breathe while eating it (luckily I got it to go). I found it extremely filling, but I had also got the 3 flavor sampler of their cakes (lemon chocolate and strawberry) and couldn't believe how good they were.

I'm so glad I came here during the beginning of my trip so that I know it's good and will come back.

Amazing cakes ! - Edit

I recently tried their burger which I thought was pretty bland, I had heard a whole lot about it so I gave it a try but was disappointed. There was no fries with the burger either( and yes it is a raw place but then why have a burger on the menu if you don't go all the way with fries).However the cakes at simple raw are amazing!

Love the cakes - Edit

Raw food is not my cup of tea, but from time to time it is nice to get some raw tapas or juicy salads. However, in my opinion this place shines best with their desserts. I find some of the meals bland tasting, so I drawn my sorrow in the triple chocolate layered cake. It always works out :)

Pros: smart looking place, awesome cakes.

Cons: pricey, some meals miss an extra push.

Really great burger, recommended! - Edit

Yummy vegan burger, with vegan cheese, and a salad on the side made from vegetables of the season. Good porton size, a lot of food for 125 DKK. Delicious hot cocoa, but it could be less watery, maybe with soy milk instead of almond? Tasty coconut balls, just 30 DKK for three balls.

Pros: A wide variety of yummy vegan food, Value for your money

Cons: Small space, both out- and in-doors

One of the world's best veg burgers - Edit

I've enjoyed vegan food throughout Europe and the U.S. and agree with reviewers who write that the Warm Vegan Burger is truly one of the best veg burgers in the world. It is a thick burger with a flavorful patty garnished with lettuce, tomato, pickled red onion, cucumber, creamy avocado and cheese (the last two toppings on request) on a gluten-free quinoa-amaranth bun.

The cabbage salad has a nice crunch and comes with an apple-ginger dressing.

The Dagmar shake (banana, almond milk, cacao and agave) was not particularly memorable. It was small and tasted more like chocolate milk with banana flavor. I prefer a thicker smoothie with more cacao power.

The triple chocolate cake was delicious, but a little too small.

The ginger lemon cookie was flat, seedy and half dipped in chocolate. It was OK. Lemon and ginger flavors need to be stronger.

Staff was friendly and accommodating. Still, make reservations because there are only three group tables inside. Expect to share a table with other people.

Pros: Great burger, Friendly service

Cons: Expensive, Few tables, Small dessert portions

Won't return - Edit

I had e-mailed and booked a table beforehand. I was arriving from Hamburg by train, after quite a few hours' trip. I indicated that I would do my best to make it on time, but depending on when the kitchen closes it could be stressful. I don´t have their response anymore, but they pretty much assured me that it would be no problem. I arrived on time and ordered a burger, which I quite enjoyed. It was perhaps a bit larger than what I would have expected, so I needed to take my time. Even though I was the only customer in the restaurant, I was asked to order a dessert straightaway, if I wanted any. Not having eaten a solid meal for maybe a day, and given that I love all things sweet, I ordered some sort of truffle or chocolate cake. By the time I was done with the food, the cake had almost melted.. I ended up eating it on my way back to the railway station. Since raw food isn´t usually cheap, and the circumstances were the way they were, I don´t think the value for the money was that good... nor the service.

Good, but - Edit

First let me tell you: Their vegan burger is literally amazing. I loved every bite of it. You have to try it. It's pretty expensive so I didn't buy that much but my non-vegan father did like the burger too. Their food taste great, but they could improve. Plus the place is very small only place to 3 groups of people. But the staff is very friendly. I may visit the place again but it's not on the top of the list.

Pros: Friendly staff, Good food

Cons: Small place, Expensive, Waiting

Decent food, decadent desserts - Edit

This was a nice little restaurant, and the staff were very friendly and explained the menu to us very well in English. We had one of the raw tapas plates, and it was good but not amazing. The highlights were the salads, whereas I wasn't overwhelmed by the falafel patties.

The desserts, however, were very impressive! We shared the triple chocolate cake and chocolate fudge cake, and in fact they were pretty similar and very delicious. All in all, an expensive meal for what you got, but we were full and happy at the end.

Pros: Friendly staff, Great desserts, Fresh ingredients

Cons: Expensive, Savoury menu a bit underwhelming

Best raw restaurant in Copenhagen - Edit

My only two complaints about this restaurant is that it is expensive,but then everything is expensive here, and that it is in a neighborhood that I not only don't go to often, but actually really dislike going to. I just don't care for the area, but his restaurant is worth going out there, which is really saying a lot.
That said, this place is really good. I lived in NYC for many years and ate at many raw restaurants there, and this place is pretty darn close to a NYC quality raw restaurant. The staff is actually quite friendly which is pretty rare in Denmark.

If you're in Copenhagen, and want a really delicious meat in a relaxed setting,and you're out in Vesterbro with some extra kroner to spend, I highly recommend this place!

Pros: Delicious food, Delicious desserts, Relaxed setting

Cons: Expensive, Location

Return to Copenhagen Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: simpleRaw - Oehlenschlaegersgade closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.