Simple Bliss Cafe

• Vegan
Contact 530-542-1474

2540 Lake Tahoe Blvd Ste 7, South Lake Tahoe, California, USA, 96150

Provides vegan food made with seasonal and organic produce; has daily specials. Fireplace inside with free Wi-Fi. Allergy friendly, child friendly, games and chalk board, water bowls and vegan doggie treats on the patio. Opened in spring 2012.

Category: Vegan, American, Organic, Raw, Take-out, Bakery

First Review by beetsrock

Lovely Vegan Cafe - Edit

I love supporting this place because it is the only truly vegan place in SLT. Most of the food is great, It's pretty expensive and is slow because it's usually just the owner working.

Pros: All vegan, Friendly service, Food

Cons: Expensive, Slow service

Great little Vegan Cafe - Edit

Found this place on Happy Cow when spend in the day hiking in Lake Tahoe. The staff was great, Sandy the owner and the other young lady working (her name escapes me) were absolutely charming. The Blissed out Nachos were amazing (the menu said blue corn chips but there were not). Also had the Cajun sandwich which is really spicy by oh so good! Topped off with dandelion cinnamon tea. I would highly recommend anyone stopping by if you are in the area. Price was a little high it not horrible. Service took a little while but we didn't mind. My non-vegan friend had the same thing as me and loved it.

Pros: atmosphere , taste, staff

Cons: outside tables and chairs are flimsy, felt like it

Loved this place - Edit

When I was on vacation at Lake Tahoe I knew I needed to stop at this vegan cafe and I am so glad I did! I loved that the food was not only vegan, but organic and gluten free too! I wish I went at the beginning of my trip and not the end so I could have tried more of the food. The food was amazing, cooked fresh, and I thought the price was reasonable (better than what I pay for at home). Definitely recommend stopping here if you are ever in town!

My special spot - Edit

Sandy was great under so much pressure of being the only one working with other issues created by the city turning the water off temporarily for the whole plaza. I tried a bunch of baked goods 2 were chocolate and heart shaped and the other was almond butter roll and carrot cake and had two entrées Cajun Burger and avocado sandwich. Everything was fantastic for my vegan pallet. This is the only place I will eat out while on vacation in S Lake Tahoe. She also creates a great vegan/organic atmosphere by having vegan/organic products for home, beauty and food from vegan/organic companies she believes in through her research. I will do everything I can to keep her business thriving. I can't wait to go for breakfast tomorrow and enjoy mango strawberry crepes and chocolate chip pancakes for my 5 year old and read books and play with the neat toys/games they have. Discovery Garden game is fantastic. I also bought a pound of organic cashews, which by the way is very hard to get anywhere else, and got my cheesecloth to make almond milk, I travel with my vitamix. Tomorrow she will have organic almonds. I bought organic/vegan Lemon Cardamom lip balm for my LO and face wash from Nourish Organics, Sandy uses it herself. I also got vegan/organic clearing Eucalyptus Foam Bath by Aura Cacia, my LO and I can't wait to use it tonight. You can see 2 videos of my visit on my YouTube channel Vegetarian Latina aka the Motivator. https://youtu.be/aalZanabJQ4

cute and yummy! - Edit

Really cute all vegan cafe. Made to order so be prepared to wait a little. But totally worth it. Portions are just right and really filling. Gluten free options available too.
Opens at 9am not 10am like is posted on HC.

Excellent food, on the pricey side - Edit

Came here with a friend we both burgers and shared some nachos and raw alfredo zucchini. It was all very good, I especially like the nachos with house made cheese, and I usually don't like cashew cheese so they took me by surprise with how good they were. It was expensive however about $15 per plate and not filling enough to just order one plate. Good service, cute, down to earth atmosphere!

Pros: Good food, Excellent house made cashew cheese

Cons: Pricey

Decent Food by Overpriced - Edit

Extensive menu of gluten free vegan options for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Lots of dessert options, teas, and smoothies as well. The food is prepared freshly, and it's pretty good.

On the downside, the freshly prepared food is fairly slow. Thankfully they have a variety of books, magazines, and card games handy for the wait. The price was pretty high for the conservative portion sizes.

Pros: Variety

Cons: Slow, Expensive

The worst vegetarian place I have ever been, hands down - Edit

Wow! I cannot even begin to describe how bad this place is. I mean it does "everything wrong!"

It's expensive! And I mean holy crap! $16 for some beans and chips! $8 for apple juice!

It takes a long time, you have to ask for everything that you want, I need a fork, I need a knife. Portion sizes are minuscule.

Everything is served on paper plates with plasticware. The French toast was burnt and I couldn't cut through it and had to pick it up with my hands to eat the disgusting thing, plain wonder bread would taste better.

When I complained that the French toast was the worst thing I've ever eaten, the employee said "yes" I know, you shouldn't have ordered that.

If this place is in business a year from now I would be floored!

Pros: I never have to eat there again

Cons: too many to list high prices , disgusting food plasticware, a vegan is better off at Taco Bell

Tasty vegan food close to south shore - Edit

The food here is generally delicious, although some menu items are a little disappointing. The nachos are delicious, while the burgers are amazing albeit a little expensive for the size. The food here is generally very healthy. Definitely worth visiting when visiting Lake Tahoe.

Pros: All vegan, Extensive menu, very healthy, Nice vibe in the restaurant

Cons: A bit pricey

Chi Latte... - Edit

I only came here for a coconut chi latte and a desert, they were both really good and the woman gave us an extra desert as there were screaming children..
The chi could have been hotter and it is rather over priced but nice vibe in a little place like that.

Pros: good food , nice waiter , good vibe

Cons: warm hot beverage , expensive

yummy vegan cafe - Edit

Nice spot low key chill, yummy all vegan menu with lots of good stuff on it! We tried the Cajun burger and the BBQ-each came with sliced oranges. The burgers tasted great, although were small-more like a slider than a burger making the $14.50 price tag rather high. Otherwise great spot worth a stop!!!

Pros: great menu all vegan!!, nice people , extra delicious

Cons: small portions , expensive

Tasty and nice, but very expensive - Edit

I'm torn about Simple Bliss. On the one hand, it's the only completely vegan place in Tahoe, the people are friendly, and the food is very tasty.

On the other hand it's slow, very expensive, and has to cater to tourists. I lived in Tahoe for six months, and after the first time, didn't bother to go back.

In fairness, I would go back: nothing was so bad that I wouldn't return.

Even in a moderately expensive, tourism-centered town, Simple Bliss is expensive: $8.50-$10 for 16 ounces of juice?!? $9.50 for a bagel with hummus and veggies?!? Yes, it's tasty, but the prices make it a special event sort of place.

$5 for a side of sauerkraut? $6 for a side of kimchi? I make these at home a lot, and so I know that maintaining lacto ferments takes a bit of work. (Not a lot. Just a bit.) But these prices are still off the charts.

A sandwich, an entree, a side, a tea, and a juice, and we were at around $50 before tip.

Parking is easy enough. Inside it's cozy, bordering on tiny.

Their values are awesome, their food tasty, and it's the only fully vegan game in South Lake Tahoe. I'd love to be able to support them more. Unfortunately, I just can't afford it.

Pros: tasty vegan, socially conscious, great values

Cons: expensive, expensive, expensive

Excellent Food! - Edit

Excellent Food!

All the food here is absolutely delicious, I highly recommend this café. I have had three different meals here and found them all delightfully full of flavor and fresh. I must remind people that the meals here may cost a little more than other places, and you must remember that it is all fresh organic whole foods made to order. No frozen processed burger patties full of fillers and other added chemicals. It is a real treat to eat healthy and fully enjoy the meal. Delightful atmosphere and kid friendly. If you are in South Lake Tahoe you MUST check it out you will be happy you did.

Pros: Delicious food, Fresh Organic whole food, Great atmosphere

expensive - Edit

I went their for lunch and I paid $21 for a BBQ burger and two tiny cookie dough bites. The food was pretty good and the staff was friendly. They have a lot of really Good options from smoothies an salads to Bowls and sandwiches It's just expensive.

Pros: yummy food, lots of choices, friendly staff

Cons: expensive , feels cluttered

Simple Bliss Vegan Cafe - Edit

I recently dined at Simple Bliss Vegan Cafe and came away feeling so so about my meal.

I had the lentil burger with the cajun seasoning added to it (the seasoning costs extra). I thought the burger was bland and really lacked in flavor. And I didn't really taste the cajun flavoring I paid extra for either. On the way out I picked up a few of the oatmeal fudgies that were mentioned in other reviews and felt very underwhelmed with their flavor.

Let's face it, the food is pretty average at Simple Bliss. I would have given them 3 cows, but my meal was nearly $20. And when I'm charged a premium for vegan food, I expect premium vegan food. That I did not find here.

Great Food - Edit

Organic and Vegan what a great combo. The food was excellent, since they are just starting out, hope they make it. This is the only Vegan restaurant that we found in South Lake Tahoe.

Pros: Organic, Vegan , Friendly

yummy - Edit

I was happy to stumble across this newly opened vegan cafe when visiting Lake Tahoe. I ended up ordering the daily special because they were out of BBQ sauce for my first choice -- BBQ tofu sandwich. The menu isn't huge so that was kind of strange, but the quinoa stir fry was good. The owner was also helpful with recommendations for vegan-friendly restaurants in town. Hope they learn to stock the pantry with essential menu ingredients so I can try something off the menu next time.

Pros: friendly staff

Return to South Lake Tahoe Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Simple Bliss Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 5052 times since Jul 2012.