Simmer Down

( 1 review )
n/a

Jarntorgsgatan 4, Gothenburg, Sweden, 41301

A primarily vegan cafe with exclusively vegan fika, baked goods, and coffee in a record shop. Honey may be available with tea and is the only exception to all-vegan. Open Tue-Thu 12:00pm-7:00pm, Fri 2:00pm-10:00pm, Sat 12:00pm-5:00pm. Closed Sun, Mon.

Categories: Take-out, Honey

1 Review

First Review by Einstein

Nothing fancy, but very satisfying - Edit

We came upon this place after trudging a while through the cold. We’d been struggling to find a place that was actually open and serving something warm. Simmer Down offered generous portions of excellent carrot soup served with focaccia bread. They also had a veggie pie that we didn’t try. They had a number of nice desserts, including chocolate balls, marzipan treats, warm apple cake with vanilla sauce, and a spiced brownie with coconut. We also had hot chocolate with whipped cream. Everything was vegan.

It’s definitely a funky little place. There are bins of reggae records upstairs by the bathrooms, and when I ordered a cocoa, the guy had me pick a mug from the shelf. Your Omni friends may not be impressed, but we were happy.

Return to Gothenburg Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Simmer Down closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.