CLOSED: Silvana Bio Vegan Food

Contact 055290703

Via dei Neri 12R, Florence, Italy, 50122

An historical bar opened since the 1970s was renewed in 2015 and made a totally vegan restaurant by chef Cristian Giorni. Menu consists of an eclectic mix of Tuscan traditions. Food is organic or biodynamic with the keyword being unconventional. Hours vary so check ahead before you go. Reported closed January 2017. Open Mon-Fri 11:30am-12:00am, Sat 11:30am-6:00pm, Sun 11:30am-6:30pm. Opening times are flexible.

Category: Vegan, Italian, Organic, Mediterranean, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Bakery

First Review by AliHeffetz

Absolutely Amazing!! - Edit

This is a restaurant with passion. The chef sources local, in season food and makes it with love. There are 2 or 3 choices per starter/main but I was quite happy for the chef to choose what he liked for us. The food was visually stunning and tasted divine. The waiter was a lot of fun, really chatty, friendly and sweet. We ended up staying longer than planned to and had a few cheeky shots with him. Highly recommend this place as a top notch experience in Florence. A must go to place!

Pros: Amazing food, Amazing service, Amazing people

Cons: N/A, N/A, N/A

Good food and friendly staff - Edit

I really like Silvana. It's an all-organic vegan restaurant serving good food right in the center of Florence (and that's hard to argue with). I Silvana's dinner offerings the most, they are creative and tasty. I prefer my food unsalted and prepared without oil; for me sometimes things have too much salt and olive oil in this regard. But that's more of a personal thing to my own preferences. The staff are great and it's fun to come here and eat in the dining area, or sit in the bar area and enjoy something smaller and read a good book or enjoy conversation.

Pros: Creative cuisine, delicious , friendly staff

Cons: Some items have more salt and oil than I prefer

good food, friendly staff, relaxed evening - Edit

We were 2, both vegan, one is gluten intolerant. Ate well, explained the food well in English, and enjoyed the setting. Which is easy informal.

Pros: not the cheapest, but for presentation and quality

Nice Guy! - Edit

There was no english menu, but the waiter translate every dish for us. They had just 4 different dishes, but that's because they cook it really fresh, what although is the reason for you have to wait longer than in other restaurants, but he told us at the beginning and we get an appetizer. All vegetables bought in the morning so that it could be that something is not available.

The food was delicious and fresh made, but it cost 25€.

Pros: Friendly Waiter, Fresh food, Appetizer for free

Cons: Expensive, but fair price

I like it - Edit

I've been at SIlvana's for a coffee and bakery and it was very good. I'm so Happy to find your place and to get the chance to get my vegan breakfast

Pros: Near to down town

Friendly place - Edit

Small friendly place with fully vegan menu and an option to buy some products. However the menu itself consisted out of 5 items, and only 3 of them were available ( it was a lunch time). I guess it was because they use fresh ingredients bought the same day, which means they run out of them by the end of the day. Pasta I ordered was freshly made and quite delicious, but overpriced for the portion I got ( €15). The cafe also offers freshly made juices and milkshakes ( with rice milk)- €6 for a small plastic cup.

Pros: freshly made food

Cons: a bit overpriced , small menu

I wanted to like you, but sorry..I don't. - Edit

I am vegan and I was happy to see a vegan restaurant/café in Florence. I am also celiac. There is a gluten free bakery opposed to the café but they did not have anything vegan, so I was delighted to see a vegan place so near, and decided to have a look. I went inside and intended to look at what the options were, before being approached by the guy working there. I asked if they have anything gluten free, and he responded in a disappointingly rude and mocking tone that this is a vegan place, not a gluten free place. I felt that he was making fun of me in a very rude way, as if he thought I was not even vegan. So I left. They did have something glutenfree I think but I wouldn't know because I didn't have the time to look at the menu before this happened and he was so rude I just wanted to leave. I had witnessed a fatal accident a few hours earlier and I was looking for a place to calm down. It's really too bad when a fellow vegan treats you unkindly.

Pros: Vegan

Cons: Rude staff, Not much glutenfree stuff

Excellent Food and Hospitality - Edit

thanks to happy cow we discovered "Silvanas" place. everything is colorful decorated and everybody was very friendly. you can order from 3 main courses, everything will be freshly prepared, really super freshly prepared, thats also the reason why it might take a bit longer, however its worth waiting. everything tasted fantastic and the chef explained the food and the way he prepares it.
since we didn´t ask about the price we had no idea and in the end it was euro 25,- per person for appetizer and main course (no drinks). so it might not be for every travelers budget but if you want good food, its very well spent at this place.

Sooo fresh and delicious - Edit

The food is prepared as you order it. You have to wait for a bit (in our case 1h). However, nothing is frozen or pre-cooked. They have 3 complete main dishes that you can choose from.
I would definitely recomend this place and i would def come back here!

Excellent food and admirable staff - Edit

The food is gourmet quality - it's not a fast food place, everything is cooked fresh, the dishes are inspired and the chef comes to you and explains you the concept behind every dish. You can also ask for "Chef's fantasy" and be surprised!

Be prepared for a little wait because of the above (you get a basked of good bread and an appetiser), but it's definitely worth it.

The prices are around 20 euro for the main dish, but the portions are generous (the "dish" is more a collection of smaller dishes).

The atmosphere is relaxed and friendly, with guests' kids and dogs sometimes running around your table :)

Pros: gourmet food, admirable people, friendly atmosphere

Cons: not good if you're in a hurry, a bit more expensive than average

Amazing! So Fresh! - Edit

Let me start of by saying:
I like trying new things when traveling, so I never eat at the same place twice... I ate here FOUR times while visiting Florence. So good!

Silvana offered some of the freshest, most well composed vegan dishes I've ever eaten. And to make it even better, the staff made me feel like family. I speak a tiny bit of Italian, but everyone there was so very patient and kind, translating the menu to English if I did have any questions.

The food is all vegan so no worries about having to question if anything has cheese, etc.

The restaurant itself was super clean, had really nice artwork, and felt very welcoming.

The food was SO fresh, flavorful and well composed. Each dish felt like a complete meal; I always left feeling so happy and satisfied without feeling heavy; my body thanked me each time. It was refreshing to eat amazing full-flavored food, without feeling guilty. I really can't recommend this place enough.

Thank you Christian and Matteo for treating me like family and offering me some of the best food I've ever eaten.

Pros: super fresh food, friendly stuff, perfect portions

Amazing! - Edit

Very small vegan restaurant with few seats, they also have a vegan shop. Service was very kind and nice, even the chef came to ask me how I found the food. The menu is in Italian, but the thing I ordered was super delicious! It was baked stow in layers, spinach and pates. They also have wines and cakes. I recommend the visit.

Return to Florence Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Silvana Bio Vegan Food closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.