First Review by aya-kka

not really a raw food restaurant - Edit

I went there in September 2011, and I did not speak Japanese so well at that time. So it was difficult to tell them that I was there to eat raw food. They did not understand and gave me a vegan meal that consisted of miso soup, cucumber salad, green salad, fried soy-balls, and fermented rice. It was delicious, but for me, it does not make sense to go back, unless I can be sure they understand that I would like only raw food. I even wonder if I went to the same restaurant, but I am sure I was at Sikisaichaya hana.
My overall rating is "fair", because I expected a raw food restaurant and it did not turn out like this, but, as I said, for non-raw vegans it is nice to eat there.

Pros: friendly staff, healthy vegan food

Cons: Japanese language only

Real Japanese Raw Food in Tokyo - Edit

The best raw food cafe and restaurant in Tokyo, owned by an ecologically conscous family.
The produce is organic using naturally and locally farmed vegetables.
The restaurant's interior has been decorated using all natural materials.
The white walls have been painted with natural soil-bsaed paint to relax guests both mentally and physically.
People would go back to Hana not only for their raw food, but also their friendly and warm hospitality.
They also provide macrobiotic meal as well.
My recommendation besides raw food plate is Koso Genmai which is sprouted, cooked and fermented brown rice with lots of vitamins and minerals and easy to digest.

Return to Tokyo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has REMOVED: Sikisaichaya-Hana closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 280 times since Feb 2010.