Siggy's Good Food - Manhattan

Contact 212-226-5775

292 Elizabeth St (at E Houston St, Manhattan), New York City, New York, USA, 10012

Serves meat, vegan options available. Homestyle comfort slow-cooked food. Has a vegan veggie burger and a tofu lasagna with roasted eggplant, veggies, and tofu. Other choices include salads, smoothies, and fresh juices. Displays local artworks. Another location in Brooklyn.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Organic, Mediterranean, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Vegan Vagabond

love this place! - Edit

I came here with my non-veg boyfriend, and he was brave enough to try the veggie food after all and loved it. We had the quinoa spinach cakes, humus plate with gluten free bread, eggplant tofu lasagna, and chickpea and spinach bowl. Would definitely come back and recommend this place! Food was delicious! Restaurant was full and lively. Good atmosphere.

Pros: vegan and gluten free options

Organic, Many Vegan Options - Edit

Everything at Siggy's is organic. They do serve meat, but there are tons of vegan options, which are clearly marked. Great for eat-in or take-out. Perfect place for a vegan to take a non-veg friend where you will both be happy. They are extremely accomodating to people like me who have a long list of severe food allergies. Gluten-free items are marked on the menu. Favorite menu items: veggie burger on salad, gluten-free pasta & sauce bowl (comes with a lot of fresh cut herbs, yum!). All the juices and smoothies are excellent, too. Reasonable prices.

Pros: All organic, Many gluten-free items, Vegan items are clearly marked

Great food! Great people. - Edit

This was a great find via Happycow. My wife and I were headed to lunch and found that this place was nearby, using the Happycow app. It is a nice and cozy place, with good latin music playing and a decorative atmosphere. We sat by the wood burning fireplace in the back, where it was nice and warm. This place is advertised as 100% organic, fresh, and nothing artificial. The menu is clearly marked for vegan items, which there are planty. We started with the Black Bean Sweet Potato Cakes, that are baked and come with a tomato, pepper and cilantro sauce, and they were very tasty. My wife had the Garlic Herbs Olive Oil & Artichoke Pasta, that was simply amazing. It is made with wilted kale and brown rice pasta topped with herbs, spices, and pine nuts. My wife had broccoli added, which was a perfect addition. I had the Splendid Raw Slaw with Sesame Kale and Cabbage and it was amazing. It was made with thinly shredded kale, green cabbage, carrots, parsley, scallions and sesame seeds. I really liked it. Although I didn't try any, as we were leaving, by the expresso bar, I noticed that they had vegan cookies and such. They looked very good. I will go back to this place.

Pros: Cozy, Vegan friendly, Good food

Return to New York City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Siggy's Good Food - Manhattan closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2616 times since Dec 2012.