Sichuan Kitchen

207-536-7226

612 Congress St, Portland, Maine, USA, 04101

Serves meat, vegan options available. Chinese restaurant with some vegan dishes, plus other dishes which could possibly be made vegan - ask. Open Mon-Wed 11:30am-9:00pm, Thu-Sat 11:30am-10:00pm, Sun 11:30am-9:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Chinese, Asian, Non-veg

First Review by nafanc

great food, slow service - Edit

We love getting take out from Sichuan Kitchen but rarely eat in because the service is often slow. The Mao Pao Tofu is delicious as is the seaweed salad. Be sure what you’re getting is vegan- there are a few things, like the tofu dumpling, that seem like they’d be vegan but they have dairy in them.

Pros: delicious , great for take out

Cons: slow service, make sure it’s vegan!

Good Sichuan - Edit

It's great to find a Sichuan spot in Maine. Our group ordered a number of dishes to share. Our server was knowledgeable and helpful with vegan restrictions, and she helped verify that several dishes would suit us. My favorite dishes were the eggplant, the cold seasoned tofu appetizer, and the cloud ear mushroom salad. The noodles were just okay.

This is one of the better Chinese restaurants I've been to in Maine. I like it better than Empire, which is down the street.

Pros: Sichuan, Good options

Return to Portland Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sichuan Kitchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.