First Review by Stefan Daystrom

tofu & brown rice options for all curry dishes - Edit

After seeing some Thai restaurants in Anchorage without a tofu option on any of their dishes, I decided to try this one because it was listed on Happy Cow and yes indeed they do have tofu options on all their curry dishes.

I ordered the Panang (vegetables) curry with the $1 brown rice option and it was very good. (I asked for mild, and the spice was level was as I expected.)

I also started with the veggie version of the spring roll appetizer, and they asked egg or no egg when I ordered it. And btw it turned out to be a fresh room temperature dish, not the deep fried version that's more common in other Thai restaurants. And since it doesn't need to be fried, it came out much quicker than I'm used to having hot Thai appetizers come out.

The menu does not have an indicator for vegetarian dishes (but then many of the dishes either are vegetarian if you choose tofu or aren't if you choose something else). They do mention at the start of the menu (1) that some ingredients may contain dairy and (2) to tell them if you have an allergies and they'll do their best to accommodate.

The service was good and friendly.

Pros: tofu options, brown rice options, allow choice of spice level

Cons: veggie or vegan dishes not specifically identified

Return to Anchorage Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Siam Cuisine closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 492 times since Jun 2013.