First Review by Bob Sultan

Decent veg place in a non-veg cafeteria - Edit

I was quite turned off by the photos of dead ducks on the wall when I first arrived. I asked where the vegetarian restaurant was, and they said here, I asked about the photos on the wall... Anyway, I ended up with a vegetarian menu. There wasn't a large variety, but the portions were decent, the food was good, and the prices weren't bad. A lot of things on the menu had milk in them - be careful.

Pros: Good portions, decent prices

Cons: dead animal photos on the wall, not 100% vegan

Where the Monks Eat - Edit

When I see tables occupied by monks I generally feel like I've found a pretty good place. The directions listed on Happy Cow did get me to the place, but I think they are just a bit off. The place is actually at the southwest corner of the intersection of Changshou West Road and Kangwang South Road. You can take the number 1 subway line to Changshou West station and walk directly East on Changshou West Road about a half kilometer. The building is right on the corner. Turn left when you get off the elevator at the third floor. The place is pretty big but it was relatively quiet when I was there later in the evening. It's clean and there are pictures of the dishes on the walls. There's no English menu. One of the staff people spoke a little English. But if you don't speak chinese you should have no problem ordering from the pictures. Dishes are in the range of 30 - 40 RMB and I thought the servings were generous. I had broccoli surrounding carrots and mock barbecued meat. I liked my dish very much. I had the flower tea. All in all, I thought this was a solid 4. It's in the jewelry district so if you like that, it's a bonus. The staff is friendly.

Pros: Good food, Clean, Reasonably priced

Return to Guangzhou Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Si Lai You Yuan Shu Chi closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1222 times since Mar 2010.