Shukobo Komadori-sanso

• Hotel B&B
    ( 1 review )

155 Mitakesan, Oume, Mitake, Japan, Tokyo 198-0175

A shukobo (temple accommodation) on top of Mount Mitake near to Mitake shrine. With advance notification will prepare vegan food for breakfast and dinner (for a surcharge). Staff will check about allergies to soy and gluten.

1 Review

First Review by Shauna333

Lovely Stay - Edit

I stayed here for New Year this year, booking only a couple of weeks before we went, and they were great with their communication (all in English). They accommodated to my vegan diet, preparing a special dinner and breakfast for me. The location was gorgeous. We had an incredible view over the mountains, and spent our time there hiking and exploring the mountain (including beautiful waterfalls). It was about ¥10,000 each for a night there, and I had to pay a ¥2,160 surcharge for a vegan meal (a bit annoying, I felt). The food was really nice, and the staff were helpful and checked everything with me to check if gluten and soy were ok, and pointed out the konbu dashi in my meals. The food was substantial and the room was really lovely. It was quite a hike to get there, but well worth it for a night on a mountain!

Pros: Amazing views, Tasy and substantial food, Staff were keen to prepare vegan food

Cons: Vegan surcharge

Return to Mitake Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Shukobo Komadori-sanso closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.