Shtastliveca1

062-600656

Ulitsa Hristo Botev 3, Veliko Tarnovo, Bulgaria

Serves meat, vegan options available. A restaurant with several branches (2 in Veliko Tarnovo and 1 in Sofia). Lovely atmosphere and good service. It has an extensive menu with vegetarian choices clearly marked. Ingredients are listed so you can see which ones are also vegan. Being that this is Bulgaria, it is strongly recommend you consider stating that you don't want cheese even if it isn't listed. Wi-Fi. NOTE: has been reported as difficult to find - please send detailed directions.

Categories: Lacto, European, Non-veg

First Review by Bienchen

Delicious Food, Terrible Service - Edit

First off, the reason that this place is confusing is because there are 2 locations. The one at 3 Hristo Botev is difficult to find because you need to look up! Its on the second floor on top of a gambling place. The location with the great view is 79 Stefan Stambolov Str.

I came here for lunch and ordered the vegan lentil balls (amazing, so delicious) a pizza and a coffee. My waiter brought me a vegetarian pizza instead of a vegan one and when I questioned him politely he became very angry and stormed off! He clearly misunderstood the difference between veganism and vegetarianism but tried to make it that it was my fault and he left the cheese pizza on the table. He refused to acknowledge me at all for the rest of my meal and did not bring my my check and I had to flag down 4 different waiters to even get a to go box for my tasteless pizza, my check and someone to give me change for my cash. I was originally so pleased with this place until this interaction. Wish I could give them more than 2 stars.

Pros: Amazing view, Quality ingredients, Fun interior

Cons: Waiters were so rude, Service was terrible, Tasteless Pizza

what a find! - Edit

After a very difficult start, (the title above is not actually the restaurant name) we were shown into a room reminiscent of an English salon of a bygone era, obviously with that Bulgarian styling going on. The service was great and I counted 36 veggie choices on the menu and half a dozen vegan options! My husband loved tucking into his Angus burger and for once I was able to enjoy a delicious vegan meal actually at the same time! We will definitely be back delicious cooking, boy what a talented chef!

Pros: reasonable

Cons: virtually impossible to find unless you click on w

evZENy 29 Dec 2017 - Why the 1 star then!?

Delicious vegan options with a mega view - Edit

We went here during a stay in Bulgaria and a great compromise for my non-vegan other half and myself! So good we went twice

The 'crispy vegan balls' were DEEEELICIOUS, as was the stuffed aubergine. On my second visit I had the vegan pizza, which had a whole meal base. On both occasions I was far too full to sample the dessert, which was a shame!

Service is great and the views are impeccable!

delicious food and many vegan dishes - Edit

We stayed here during our stay in Veliko Tărnovo and we were surprised to find many vegetarian and some vegan dishes on the menu. We had vegan marinated Aubergine, vegan vegetable balls, vegan kale risotto and a vegan cake for dessert and everything was very delicious! Furthermore, the service was really helpful and friendly. We would definitely eat here again!

If you go there, you should book your table in advance because it is quite full.

Pros: friendly service , great variety on vegan and vegetarian dishes , great view on the terrace

Cons: book you table for a seat with view

Return to Veliko Tarnovo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Shtastliveca1 closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.