Shri Ganesha

+593-2300340

Victor Manuel Rendon 721 y (at Boyaca), Guayaquil, Ecuador

Vegetarian restaurant serving a daily changing menu of 1 soup, 4 main dishes, 2 desserts, different fruit shakes. Sells vegan cookies, sausages, meat and coffee. Open Mon-Fri 12:00pm-5:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Take-out, Ecuadorian, Latin American

First Review by TeresaBar

Worth a Visit in the Centro - Edit

We were looking for a vegetarian/vegan place for almuerzo. So many places in Guayaquil either have no idea what a vegetarian eats. Like Korea, for most restaurants, "vegetarian" means no beef or pork. But you eat chicken and seafood, right? Wrong. So, using Happy Cow to narrow our search, we thought to give Shri Ganesha a try. From the listing, we knew it would be vegan.

The only problem we had with Shri Ganesha is that our limited Spanish was in direct contrast with their limited English. NOT THEIR FAULT! The almuerzo menu was listed on the signboard on the sidewalk. The entrees were typical of what one would see in any plato typico spot, so we wanted to double check about the vegan aspect. It finally dawned on me that they used meat substitutes like seitan and tofu skins in place of the standard Ecuadorian fare.

The locro (potato & queso fresco soup) was tasty, and I really have no idea what the cheese substitute was. My wife had the "lomo" and I had the "encocado." Hers was quite tasty, well prepared. Mine was a little bland, but acceptable. The meal was served with juices, and I honestly forget what the combination was, but it did have mango and pineapple and probably strawberries. All in all, we were stuffed.

We had heard that the fixed price for the almuerzo was $2.50 a person, but we really expected all that food to cost more. Nope. The proprietor said cinco dolares. Wow.

Don't be put off by the fact that there is construction going on in the street nearby, or that on a hot day it can be even hotter in the restaurant. The food was good, the service was the typically friendly service we have had everywhere in Ecuador, and the price was unbelievable.

Pros: Great Value, Vegan, Friendly staff

No es VEGAN - Edit

El shri ganesh elabora comidas con lácteos

Pros: Sabrosa, Sana, Bien Hecha

Cons: Preguntar Por Lácteos, Sirven Varias Preparaciones En Un Plato

Return to Guayaquil Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Shri Ganesha closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.