Contact 630-655-1021

655 N Cass Ave, Westmont, Illinois, USA, 60559

South Indian vegetarian food. Offers weekday lunch buffet, a la carte dinner menu. Uses and fries with soybean oil. Confirmed open, Mar 2016. Open Tue-Fri 11:30am-2:30pm, Tue-Thu 6:00pm-10:00pm, Sun 6:00pm-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 6:00pm-11:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Indian, Buffet, Take-out, Catering

First Review by siouxi31

Love this place! - Edit

This is probably the only all-vegetarian restaurant close to home for me, and I love it! My husband and I dine here at least once a month... We love that we can get such awesome dosas without going to Devon St.

It's a small shop with a nice low-key ambience. I have not tried the buffet as we usually come here for dinner, but I'm a big fan of the paper dosa, medhu vadai, and my husband loves the Mysore masala dosa.

If you're in the area, make sure to check out this place!!

Pros: reasonable prices, all-vegetarian

Fantastic all veg Indian restaurant - Edit

Probably the best Indian food in the area, and all veg. Most stuff without cheese is vegan. The dosas here are as good as any I've ever eaten.

My dad was born and raised in India (until 30), lives thirty minutes from this place, and almost always skips the closer places for Shree. Enough said. Go.

Shree-licous! - Edit

My wife and I love Indian food. Since moving to the area five years ago have been in search for a place that we both liked. The food at Shree is excellent. 100% vegetarian menu is a bonus for vegetarians looking for a menu with more than 2-3 dishes to choose from. They have both northern and southern Indian dishes so it makes it easy to explore and find something new to try. I recommend their Dosa's; the crepes are light and the fillings are well made, I am partial to the Mysore Masala Dosa. You have to try the Chana Bhatura, which can be described as Indian comfort food, it's a chick pea dish made with herbs and spices served with puffed bread. Yum! If you're not sure what to order getting the Thali Dinner (selection of different dishes served in small bowls) makes it easy and delicious.

The service is wonderful and they are very attentive. Don't get thrown off by the strip-mall location. Shree is a gem.

Pros: wonderful food, good portions, helpful and friendly service

Love this place! - Edit

My daughter is vegan so we went to this restaurant. While not all options are vegan, the host is very kind and spent a good deal of time with my daughter talking to her about each dish on the buffet to point out what was NOT vegan by telling her which ingredient made it that way.
Food is very flavorful, prices are decent and there's plenty of parking. Go for the lunch buffet if you can.

Pros: Taste, Educated in vegan, plenty of parking

Return to Westmont Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Shree closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2328 times since Aug 2007.