Short and Stout Tea

• Bakery Bakery
518-456-8327

1736a Western Ave, Albany, New York, USA, 12203

Tea house and bakery shop offering vegan options in baked goods and has almond milk and agave (ask to replace honey). By reservation you could ask to create your own tea blend. Open Mon-Thu 10:00am-6:00pm, Fri-Sat 10:00am-7:00pm, Sun 11:30am-4:00pm.

First Review by V3ganFoodie

THE Tea Place in the Capital Region - Edit

Yeah, I said it. Even with a teavana store less than a mile from this place, I now get ALL of my tea from the Short and Stout. Let me break this down:

Drinks and Food: The teas and specialty lattes are out of this world! I have had the pu-erh and mocha nut lattes repeatedly, they are so delicious! Their bakery selection is amazing. I have been told by companions that the scones, brookies (brownie-cookie), and vegetable spring rolls are delicious. I have not yet tried a vegan scone, but based on my friends reviews of the other selections, it is at the top of my to-do list!

Atmosphere: Very bright and fun seating options. There are places for you to get some work done and other areas for socializing. Very clean and friendly place. They also have one or two teas available for sampling.

Storefront: Tea Everywhere! There are jars of tea samples for smelling as well as two different sizes for purchase. If you bring your own container, they will fill it and give you a discount for using your own container. They also have different sweeteners and tea accessories available for purchase.

Friendliness/Service: A++. The owner helped me make my own tea blends as a gift to my bf. Joyce (owner) and I spent one evening sampling and mixing different concoctions until I settled on 4 blends (we tried at least 10 combos). She even let me name the teas and she printed out custom labels and descriptions for the tea.

Pros: Excellent Quality Tea, Friendly Staff, Nice Atmosphere

Return to Albany Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Short and Stout Tea closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.