First Review by LisaLisaLisa

Cozy & Friendly Natural Food Shop - Edit

This is a tiny, cute shop packed with tons of fresh and packaged natural, organic and vegan foods. I stumbled in a few weeks ago after being in the Honmachi area, and was delighted with the cozy wooden interior absolutely brimming with food, books, and other things. The owner and his wife were very nice, helping me find exactly what I needed. He gave me 10% off of 2 of the bags of flour I bought, because they were nearing their expiry date. I also bought an organic nashi pear, and he earnestly informed me that because it was organic, it was hard to tell whether the inside was good or not, and if it wasn't, I should please return it for a refund. I've never experienced that kind of honesty before and was rather touched!
If you're looking for plant-milks, organic produce (a small selection), vegan snacks (cookies, bars, etc), or pantry basics like flour or noodles, plus some calm but friendly Osaka vibes, this place is worth a drop by!

Pros: Honest and kind management, Good selection of natural foods, Located between Honmachi+Yodoyabashi

Cons: Small

Small shop with vegan foodstuff & organic produce - Edit

It's a cosy little shop so it doesn't have a whole range of things but they have vegan foodstuff and a changing selection of organic produce.

We had vegan chocolate from the German brand iChoc which is the best we know - we were lucky because it was temporarily at 20% discount! We also bought vegan bread (shokupan) which was quite good. Check the labels or ask the owner to see which bakery items are vegan. The owner is really friendly.

A friend of us who lives nearby the place says it's often open after closing time.

Pros: Good vegan chocolate and bread, Cosy place, Friendly owner

Cons: Small shop

Return to Osaka Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Shizenkan closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.