Shizenkan

• Health-food-store Health Store
06-62311341

Chūō-ku Kawaramachi 3-2-3, Osaka, Japan, ?541-0048

Small organic health store with vegan products such as bread, cookies, chocolate, and vegan mayo. Stocks organic fruits and vegetables and other organic products. Vegan bento boxes on Fridays. Open Mon-Fri 11:00am-7:30pm.

First Review by LisaLisaLisa

Super friendly - Edit

I went here because it can be quite hard to find vegan food in 7-11 or other stores and I wanted to get some snacks and things for breakfast.
From the moment I walked through the door, I felt welcomed and the owner even asked me if I was vegan and pointed out many of the vegan things I could buy and answered any of the questions I had.
Finally, he even gave me a small discount, so the sum I had to pay was even.

Pros: Super friendly owner, Easy to find vegan options, Organic food

Cozy - Edit

Cute little vegan store. Owners are super friendly and accommodating. I stopped in around lunch time and picked up a take away bento-box type meal... delicious. Take away only, no tables or places to sit.

Cozy & Friendly Natural Food Shop - Edit

This is a tiny, cute shop packed with tons of fresh and packaged natural, organic and vegan foods. I stumbled in a few weeks ago after being in the Honmachi area, and was delighted with the cozy wooden interior absolutely brimming with food, books, and other things. The owner and his wife were very nice, helping me find exactly what I needed. He gave me 10% off of 2 of the bags of flour I bought, because they were nearing their expiry date. I also bought an organic nashi pear, and he earnestly informed me that because it was organic, it was hard to tell whether the inside was good or not, and if it wasn't, I should please return it for a refund. I've never experienced that kind of honesty before and was rather touched!
If you're looking for plant-milks, organic produce (a small selection), vegan snacks (cookies, bars, etc), or pantry basics like flour or noodles, plus some calm but friendly Osaka vibes, this place is worth a drop by!

Pros: Honest and kind management, Good selection of natural foods, Located between Honmachi+Yodoyabashi

Cons: Small

Small shop with vegan foodstuff & organic produce - Edit

It's a cosy little shop so it doesn't have a whole range of things but they have vegan foodstuff and a changing selection of organic produce.

We had vegan chocolate from the German brand iChoc which is the best we know - we were lucky because it was temporarily at 20% discount! We also bought vegan bread (shokupan) which was quite good. Check the labels or ask the owner to see which bakery items are vegan. The owner is really friendly.

A friend of us who lives nearby the place says it's often open after closing time.

Pros: Good vegan chocolate and bread, Cosy place, Friendly owner

Cons: Small shop

Return to Osaka Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Shizenkan closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.