Shiva

18 Avenue de la Mandallaz, Annecy, France, 74000

Serves meat, vegan options available. Traditional Indian restaurant. Could ask staff to remove dairy/butter in the vegetarian items. Open Tue 7:00pm-10:30pm, Wed-Sun 12:00pm-10:30pm.

Categories: Lacto, Indian, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by BlisterBlue

great place - Edit

Festive place with a great menu and quite a few vegetarian options. The owner is very sweet and happy to change the vegetarian options to vegan
Food was excellent. We will be back

Pros: great food and vegetarian/vegan options, friendly, charismatic owner

Cons: none

The best Indian cuisine in town! - Edit

The SHIVA restaurant has been opened for nearly 20 years now and is an institution in town! herself.
There are plenty of vegetarian options. If you're vegan you can easily ask to have the vegetarian dishes without dairy or butter.
Every time I go to the Shiva the chef already knows I want my "baighan burtha" without cream and my naan without butter :-)
The owner is always willing to explain you all the details about his wife's cuisine and advise you how you should properly eat Indian food (spices, etc...).
I went to India a few years ago and I can say Shiva is one of the best Indian cuisine i've ever tasted, definitely!

Pros: Excellent food, Atmosphere, Lots of choice

Cons: No outdoor seating

Shankha 17 Sep 2017 - Hi BlisterBlue, I frequent Shiva as well. I would just like to point out that the naan in itself is prepared with yogurt and/or eggs. So I go for their rotis (chapatis) made with whole flour. Please confirm next time if you would like to.

Return to Annecy Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Shiva closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.