CLOSED: Shing Wang

Contact 305-654-4008

237 NE 167 St, North Miami Beach, Florida, USA, 33162

Serves meat, vegan options available. Was vegan but added meat Aug 2010. Casual restaurant, ice & tea house. Self service. Menu includes many faux meat dishes. Reported closed to HappyCow, May 2015. Mon-Sun 11:30am-9:30pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Asian, Taiwanese, Non-veg

First Review by viacapricorn

Great Food and Service Every I Time I Go - Edit

I love this place. I have been there several times and I am always charmed by the staff and the food is imaginative and delicious. On my most recent visit, a couple of days ago, I got tofu with mixed vegetables in a brown sauce. I was served a large portion with rice and got a barbacue tofu appetizer -- also delicious. I honestly have never had a bad meal there. I wish I lived closer so that I could go more often. Their vgetarian menu hasn't suffered at all from the addition of meat selections. Their prices are reasonable. The bubble teas are a whimsical treat. I wish they would move to Midtown

Pros: Imaginative Menu, Warm Staff, Fair pricing

OMG Crispy chick-un! - Edit

I've had the Asian mock-meat all over the place, but I have to say that Shing Wang's crispy "chicken" is one of, if not the, best. Try the mango crispy "chicken" and you'll see what I mean! The bubble tea is also great. The owners and staff are very friendly and helpful, and you can't help but get hooked on the Chinese soap operas on the tv!

Pros: amazing mock-meats, friendly staff, bubble tea!

Cons: none!

Great food - now in veg-friendly version - Edit

Been to this little place twice. My first time it was still fully vegan, and again a couple of weeks back. I guess they were forced to add meat to their menus to survive. The vegetarian menu continues to be a true delight, just make sure you ask for it when ordering. The serving staff is friendly and helpful. The bubble tea options are just divine!

Pros: Cheap, Great taste, Bubble Tea

Cons: Small space, If busy, may take long to get food

Fun! - Edit

What a fun place, I found it after I moved out of the area so I've only been there once, but will surely go back. The staff is the owner and family, very very friendly and we had a nice talk with them. They told us that they ensure the kitchen is vegan, there is some dairy but that is prepared separately.

We had many items on the menu and loved all of them, the bubble tea was a fun treat. My favorite item was the inari. Everything is prepared fresh and to order.

Pros: friendly staff, great food

Good food, friendly staff, authentic Chinese! - Edit

Well, I have eaten here twice, both times were very good. I have had the bitter melon, which I don't often see in the U.S. but it is a staple in China. Very nice dish. I also had the eggplant dish, it was pretty good, and the portion wasn't mammoth, but then again, I only paid $7.50 or so. For some reason, restaurants in South Florida tend to be overpriced, so whatever.

I don't really do the fake-meat thing, so I got the tofu, and wow! Very nicely done. Great texture and taste, not fried to death or all soggy.

Actually, I suspect that this food is more Taiwanese-style, but since I am not so familiar with Taiwan food as I am mainland Chinese food, I can just attest that it tastes like stuff i used to eat a lot in China, minus the tons of oil.

They also have boba tea, for those of you that indulge.

Support this place. Authentic and tasty Chinese food is difficult to find (by a long shot) in South Florida, and at these prices, they really are doing a good service.

give this place some business - Edit

awesome restaurant, good prices. teas are awesome. specify if you're vegan and you should have no problem. highly recommend the "drum sticks" very nice people, come give this place some business people

A Vegan Must - Edit

I found this restaurant on Happy Cow and decided to try it out. Small informal place but very cozy. The people were very friendly and the food was excellent. I had vegan wonton soup and a noodle dish with vegetables and soy chicken. It was worth every penny. Will def go back whenever I am in the Miami area!

Return to North Miami Beach Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Shing Wang closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1288 times since Apr 2008.