First Review by shlee420

Great stop for Vegans! - Edit

Loved the low-key atmosphere, friendly service and of course... The food! Many options for vegan/veg and their drink Potions are tasty! We tried the beet hummus, veg coconut curry and tempeh burger. All delish. Potions we tried, and loved were Luv-Me-Dew and Liquid Hush. Would give it 5 stars if I could!

a bit dissapointed.. - Edit

Great atmospher!! The menu looks amazing but I was a bit dissapointed.. My kale salad was tiny, I had to order a second plate. The fermented plate was ok but one kind tasted really bad. The elixir is a great idea, but not as flavor full as I was hoping. The kombucha is not as good as store bought or my own. I might just have ordered the wrong thing, I am open to try it again though. They have a great concept!!

Nice Vibe...GREAT food - Edit

This place is such a cool place to eat......it's very apparent they cater to healthy eaters and dietary needs. They use FRESH ingredients and organic. Local too. They have plenty of Vegan options...and JUST ASK if something can be adjusted for your needs. SUCH GOOD FOOD. Our waiter was on it every second and the food came out hot and looking beautiful, and TASTING GREAT. The decor and vibe here is awesome...you won't regret your moments spent at SHINE all around.....

Good Food Great Community - Edit

Shine is a great spot. They have tasty food and there are usually lots of joyous and festive hippies and other such Boulderites gathered. I have had good meals here. The other thing I like is that they also have music and DJs play sometimes. I have had friends play here and it was really a great place to get together. I would say that some things may be a little pricy, but I think overall its a good place to go, and you'll probably make some friends!

Pros: good food, great community space, fun events

Cons: a little pricy

Cool place, pretty good food - Edit

Shine is a fun place whether you're going to a nice dinner with friends or just to grab a beer and listen to some live music. Their entree vegan options aren't many but what they have are solid. They have some interesting drink options (both alcoholic and non) so there is plenty to try. They have garage doors in the front so I bet it will be great once the weather gets warmer. It's well located near the Pearl St Mall.

been here twice - Edit

I am extremely disappointed in this place. I just had my 2nd experience at Shine the other day (giving them another chance) and was, to say the least, one of the worst restaurant experiences I have ever had. Coming from a service industry background and having worked in many different types of restaurants I would NEVER treat my customers the way the staff treated me on this occasion. I went in to enjoy their Saturday special of "bottomless mimosas" that went until 3pm. I called to ask more about their specials and I was instructed to "check their menus on the internet". The hostess didn't even have the decency or time to tell me what their menu/prices/happy hour was. When I came in I only had a short amount of time to enjoy the bottomless mimosas and I wanted to take advantage of what I was going to pay for. I asked if I could just get my drinks from the bar (because the server was taking forever to bring me my drinks) and I was told, "that's tacky, we can bring it to your table one and time, we aren't just going to let you open your mouth for us to pour champagne down your throat and then for you to throw up everywhere". What an assumption!!! First of all, it was a tiny little mimosa, half OJ, half champagne. No one is going to be throwing up anywhere. Second, why would that be your choice of words when speaking to a paying customer? I wasn't going out to get belligerent in the middle of the day, I just wanted to enjoy a little more than just one tiny glass of mimosa. After all that BS and our check arrived, my friend and I split our payment with a card and some cash. The server decided to keep my friend's change of more than $6, as if she decided this was suppose to be her tip... My friend had to approach her to ask for her change. I have NEVER been in a situation like this. How rude to just decide what to keep instead of letting the customer calculate what you might have deserved as a server.

Return to Boulder Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Shine closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2212 times since Feb 2012.