CLOSED: Shindo Fuji

011-7478986

Sapporo, Sapporo, Japan

Address is 北海道札幌市北区北7条西4-3 宮澤ビル B1F. Small and casual underground vegan macrobiotic restaurant near Sapporo station. Offers set meals that change daily and often has macrobiotic cakes. Reported closed to HappyCow, Feb 2015.

Categories: Vegan, Japanese, Macrobiotic, Organic, Take-out, Bakery

First Review by JesseWaugh

Nice place at Sapporo Station, North Exit - Edit

Since I stayed at Hotel Route Inn at the same street in Sapporo, I had to try it out when I found out about it.
I loved the rice in the menu. Had some poppy seeds on it. The menu was Tonkatsu containig tofu, probably potatoes and carrots nicely seasoned. Some side dishes with vegetables, Miso soup and rice. It was nicely arranged.

The owner speaks English and French. She was very helpful, since I didn't understand all the Menu-Kanjis. Definitely, I will go to this place again.
I was told, that the restaurant is open only for lunch time at the moment.

Directions
look out for Hotel Route Inn when you go down the stairs at the north exit of Sapporo station. Cross the street and go left. Watch out for an orange sign showing au. This is the store right after the Shindo Fuji. The Restaurant has a blue sign, it is downstairs. The Address ist 4 Chome-3 Kita 7 Jōnishi, Building 3F.
Take a look at the picture at Google street view

Pros: wonderful Rice, excellent food, reasonable price

Cons: hard to find

nice little place - Edit

This is the closest vegan restaurant to Sapporo Station. The food is minimal - but good and clean vegan food. The woman who I think is the owner speaks good English, and another kind French woman was working there when I went in. I'm going back again right now.

One suggestion is that they always include some sort of vegan protein in the set menu - tofu, soy, sei tan, etc. when I ate there it was good but too little food, and no vegan protein.

The decor is funky but comfortable.

Pros: good food, vegan, close to main Sapporo train station

Cons: no protein

2 Responses

ItalianChick 29 Aug 2014 - Thanks for this review! I live in Sapporo and I did not know of this cafe. I have spent so much time researching restaurants and googling to update Sapporo´s page here on HC, but I totally missed Shindo Fuji. How did you locate it? Very happy it is close to Sapporo Eki. Looking forward to eating here!

JesseWaugh 30 Aug 2014 - Sure! You should try it. The location is fairly obscure. It's down some sort of murky stairs in an even murkier underground floor, but not bad and has pleasant ambience. The stairs lead in directly from outdoors, are sort of near the intersection, and are to the left of some sort of office building entrance. A maintenance guy from the office building showed me where the restaurant is.

Return to Sapporo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Shindo Fuji closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.