• Shiba Mama No O Mise

Japanese
Juice bar
Honey
Non-veg

Serves meat, vegan options available. Health restaurant using flowers as an ingredient. Japanese style food and a large variety of juice and tea. Open Mon-Sun 10:00am-11:00pm.

Venue map for Shiba Mama No O Mise
ยฉ OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by KatharinavonBlubb

Caro_Louise

Points +99

16 Oct 2023

Full of love!

Shiba Mama is such a genuinely wonderful human, and you can feel the love in the way she acts and the food she cooks. She has an English menu and was able to make one of the soups vegan, as well as a salad. She even offered to make a special vegan green curry just for me on my final day!! It was amazing! I ate there all 3 days I was in Zao Onsen and cannot recommend it enough!!

Pros: Shiba Mama is warm, welcoming, and wonderful!, Able to have one-three vegan options, Delicious food - you can feel the love in it!

Cons: Most options not veganizable , Limited hours (not as listed on Google or HC), Hours 11:30-16:00 when I was there

ValeriyaEvseenko

Points +76

28 Dec 2021

Delicious udon and understanding staff

The options are not clearly marked vegan, but when we asked staff what can we eat if we are vegan they offered to veganize udon or the salad bowl. The udon was delicious so we ordered it every day throughout our stay in Zao.
This place saved us cause thereโ€™s no more veggie options in Zao โค๏ธ

Pros: Accommodating, Delicious and warm meal, Cosy

Cons: More options would be great

KatharinavonBlubb

Points +61

Vegetarian
05 Jul 2020

Great restaurant!

Very friendly owner, understands what vegetarian means and cooks delicious food!