First Review by VeganSoapDude

Very Good - Edit

I found the food to be very good, not quite great, though I was there for the lunch buffet so great isn't expected. But it had quite a few choices, most was gluten free which was good for me. They said there was nothing with milk or eggs and nothing I saw was suspect nor did my stomach have any trouble. So I think that they are in fact vegan. Most of the food is fried but they also had fresh fruit available. It was a great deal for just 19 rmb. Next time I will try the dinner and see if the experience is much different. There is a fair amount of evidence that they're affiliated with Buddhism so I was surprised to find that the fried rice had a strong onion flavor to it. I've added some photo's to make it a bit easier to find

Pros: Only vegan place for miles, Friendly staff, Good Price

a Good Find - Edit

I was pleasantly surprised to find this place in Panyu. The service was very good and the portions were large. Some dishes included mock "fat" along with the mock pork and it was very realistic. Maybe too real!

Overall it was worth.the trip, but not outstanding. My friends (local) thought other restaurants in the area had better food.

Pros: Service, Value

Cons: A little hard to find, Food could be better

Lovely place in Panyu - Edit

Perahaps I'm biased because I live in Panyu and this is the only veg place I've found, but this place is heaven. It is also very easy to find, it's located on the 2nd floor but there are people to greet you on the first floor.

Unlike the first reviewer, I didn't have any problems with my bill. The appetizers, tea and rice were all free, I only paid for the meal and all the groceries. The grocery store is small but I found a few things I hadn't seen elsewhere. The woman who works there is so sweet and will write down instructions on how to cook the food when you get home (in Chinese so it's time to call your Chinese friends).

The portions are huge, delicious and reasonably priced; the atmosphere is really laid back and relaxing. This will definitely be a new regular spot for me.

Pros: great food, super friendly, good price

Good food, be careful with the bill... - Edit

This restaurant is very reasonably priced except for one thing - They add things to the bill without telling you the price. Appetizers (peanuts and pickled veggies), tea, and rice are all extra. This is not super uncommon in China, but it's important that you know! Rice, tea, and appetizers will run you an extra 13rmb.

Other than that, the portions are big, and the food is good. The menu has pictures. If you're in Panyu, this a great place. If not, it's definitely not worth the trip.

Pros: only veg place in Pany, free wifi, large portions

Cons: hidden charges, not 100% vegan

Return to Guangzhou Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sheng Hai - Saint Love Vegetarian closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1442 times since Aug 2009.