CLOSED: Shenanigans Restaurant

( 1 review )

Juan T Guerrero Building, Route 319, Garapan, Saipan, Micronesia, 96950

Serves meat, vegan options available. International cuisine. Has a vegetarian section on the menu listing all the ingredients which are mainly vegan. Menus available in English, Japanese and Chinese. The staff speak some basic English but you need to confirm your requirements as they may provide non-vegan complementary dishes or sides. Not many other options in the area. Reported closed, Oct 2017.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, American, International, Italian, Western, Mediterranean, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out, Mexican, Asian, Fusion, Middle Eastern, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by SamanthaIngridHo

Delicate food - Edit

I came here twice but had 2 very different experiences. The first time I came here was on the very first day I arrived Saipan. I have been walking around to look for vegan food then I saw the poster on the window of this restaurant writing vegetarian menu. So I got in the restaurant. The menu has a column of vegetarian and seems all the ingredients were listed for every dish. I ordered a Moroccan Strudel and cranberry juice. To play safe, I specially mentioned to the waitress that I am vegan / vegetarian and I would like to make sure that there's no meat, no dairy, no cheese and no egg in my food. She nodded. There's a soup complimentary to my main dish, that I didn't know in advance. She gave me the soup and I asked what it is. She could not really answer my question. Then I asked if there's any meat in the soup and she said yes. I said I didn't want this and returned because there's meat. She said it's complimentary and she implied that it's kinda included in the price I am paying. I emphasized that I don't eat meat and returned. After a while, my Moroccan strudel came. Then I found there's some sour cream or yogurt like stuff on it. I asked the same waitress and she said it's yogurt. I was quite angry because it was not mentioned on the menu and I had checked with her before I ordered. Anyway, this is a meaty island and most people on Saipan do not have any idea about veganism and vegetarianism. They would still offer fish or seafood when I said I am vegan vegetarian. After all, the moroccan strudel is really tasty. It's quite expensive here but definitely worth it.

The second time I came here was the last day before I left. This time the waitress is much better. She knows about vegetarianism. I ordered a pineapple juice and an enchiladas and it comes with focaccia with balsemic vinegar and olive oil and a salad with vinegar dressing. Everything is so good.

The food here is actually really delicious but have to explain carefully to the waitress. Still the staff here is very friendly. Actually everyone at Saipan is friendly. And it's good that they open for long hours. Many restaurants or cafe here opens only at lunchtime.

Btw, there's English, Chinese, Japanese and Korean menu available here.

Pros: Delicious Food, Menu at different languages, Long opening hours

Cons: Sour cream was not mentioned on the menu, Some staff does not have knowledge of vegetarian

Return to Saipan Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Shenanigans Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.