Shemesh Pizza

03-95230444

825 Glen Huntly Rd, Caulfield South, Caulfield, Victoria

Serves fish, vegan options available. Kosher pizzeria where all pizzas can be made vegan. Has vegan cheese. Uses separate utensils for vegan and gluten-free, and non-vegan pizzas. Open Mon-Thu 3:30pm-9:30pm, Sat 7:30pm-12:00am, Sun 12:00pm-9:30pm.

Categories: Lacto, Pizza, Delivery, Take-out, Kosher, Non-veg

First Review by chocoholicPhilosophe

bland - Edit

super nice staff but holy dooley were the two pizzas we got were really bland. got the garlic and herb, and a veggie one without cheese. wouldn't go back, although staff were really nice

Sells fish - Edit

They list themselves as "vegetarian" on their store, website and facebook, but they use anchovies and smoked salmon!

Cons: false advertising

2 Responses

tamlev 30 Oct 2015 - Dear verbosity,
I am sorry you found our business to be miss advertising. As the owner of Shemesh Pizza I can assure you that the 2 pescatarian pizza options or any pizzas containing pescatarian toppings are cut with a separate pizza cutter that does not touch our other vegetarian and vegan pizzas.
We do not have any meat products as we are a strictly kosher restaurant where meat and dairy products do not cross paths.
95% of our menu is freshly made vegetarian/vegan food.

verbosity 30 Oct 2015 - Then you should not be advertising yourself as a vegetarian establishment. You are not a vegetarian establishment. Fish do not grow on trees.

Great Pizza - Edit

We tried some pizza from Shemesh yesterday - the Guacamole and the Garlic and Herbs. The only downside was that they were a bit cold by the time we got home (20 min drive), and despite reheating in the oven were a bit chewy, but that's not their fault.

The flavours of both pizzas were excellent, and the vegan cheese (I'm pretty confident that we were in fact given vegan cheese due to zero stringynesss) tasted far better than any vegan cheese I've had before.

Note that while they do have some seating, it's really a take-away joint, and I wouldn't recommend eating in, the atmosphere wouldn't be great.

Pros: Great selection of veg pizzas, Great vegan cheese

Cons: Fish on some menu items, Not a good place to eat in

Return to Caulfield Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Shemesh Pizza closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.