Shelly's Honkin Huge Garden Burritos - Food Cart

Contact 503-238-3910

Pioneer Courthouse Square, Portland, Oregon, USA, 97205

Food cart selling veggie burritos and fresh lemonade with cane sugar for takeaway. Burritos come in various sizes including giant, aka honkin' huge. Uses local produce. Makes fresh pico de gallo. Will accommodate custom burrito orders. Mon-Fri 11:30am-2:30pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Fast food, Mexican, Take-out only

First Review by syork2

Great Burritos - Edit

Honkin Huge Burritos is one of several food trucks that appears to be permanently located at Pioneer Square. The operating hours are fairly limited: lunch to mid-afternoon weekdays only. Members of our family ate here twice during our 4-day visit to Portland. Both burritos were well received. My husband visited looking for a vegan lunch. A few days later, our omnivore son simply wanted a burrito. He raved about how great it was without ever realizing he was eating vegan!

One of Portland's best food trucks! - Edit

I got around to checking out this food cart today, and I was so happy with the food and service I received. Shelley made up my "small" burrito (which was probably the biggest burrito I've ever seen) with very fresh ingredients and a friendly smile. I'll definitely be returning the next time I'm in PDX.

Yes, they're honkin' . . . - Edit

and really good. I used to go there regularly when I lived in Pdx, and just returned there during a visit. Same great quality, huge size, and great service from Shelly. I used to tell her she should institute a helicopter drop program for us backpackers. She happily veganizes the burritos upon request, and even gives a small discount for doing so!

Pros: delicious, filling, good value

Cons: none, if you like them

Burritos and Lemonade - Edit

I was here in September 09 and am pleased to share my review of Shelly's Honkin' Huge on HappyCow.net. It was my first trip to Portland. This is a food cart, not a restaurant.

I got there late as the shop was closing but was able to catch up with Shelly and chatted with her a little bit. Friendly with a big smile. The menu is simple, basically burritos and lemonade. Shelley explained that she makes the salsa and other ingredients fresh in the morning. This food cart is located right in the Pioneer Court Square along with a few other food carts and coffee stands. You can take your food and eat it in the square directly in front of the cart. Worth checking out when in downtown Portland.

Pros: can customize order

Satisfying experience all around. - Edit

The person working the cart was super helpful. I asked for a vegan burrito and she told me just about every ingredient in everything that went into it, without me even asking. Which was exactly what I wanted to hear (because it becomes a bit of a bother to do that at every single "vegan friendly" place. Plus, they were big, and delicious.
The discount for it being vegan was a nice touch. All food eateries should practice this.
Next time I'm downtown, and famished, I'm going here.

Not Your Typical One Handed Burrito! - Edit

These things are HUGE...and I've only had the medium size! Try and go a little before noon or after 1pm...this is a popular place and lunch lines tend to form. But they move quickly and there friendly customer service makes it all worth it.

Pros: Filling, Healthy, Friendly Staff

Cons: Basic Ingredients

This place/lady is awesome. - Edit

I have only had this once, and it was before I went vegan but it was honkin' and heavenly. The lady who runs the cart is extremely nice and she constructs a fantastic burrito. You could easily make it vegan and she charges you less, but when I had it it was with cheese and it was great. This cart puts the great veggie burritos in Eugene, and Mama's mexican kitchen in Seattle too shame.

Pros: Tasty, Huge, Cheap and Sweet

Cons: Outside when it rains, Busy at lunchtime

Soooo honkin' huge (and delicious!) - Edit

The burritos are SO good! I got a medium-sized one and it was HUGE! I can't imagine the "honkin'" size! The owner is SO nice and happy! You could tell she was happy to be doing what she loves -- making vegan and vegetarian food! The food is really great and it's definitely worth the small amount of money you pay! As a visitor to Portland, it was great to see a friendly vegan face and get some great vegan food!

Pros: Excellent food, Great value, Friendly staff

Cons: Food cart

Return to Portland Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Shelly's Honkin Huge Garden Burritos - Food Cart closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3594 times since Oct 2007.