SHAVT

• Veg Shop Veg Shop
  • Vegan
Contact +32497505599

Charles Deberiotstraat 2, Leuven, Belgium, 3000

Small vegan store with the main focus being in-house-made artisan cheese, and a large variety of other cheeses. Other items include meat alternatives of every generation, dry foodstuffs, non-dairy products, hygiene products, cosmetics, books and more. Open Tue-Sat 11:00am-6:30pm.

First Review by hl_morrissey

very good! - Edit

Lovely store with many vegan alternatives- sweet and savory junk food, milk, nondairy yogurts, sauces, fake meat and cheese. You can also find things like premade ravioli and falafels. Some prices were a little bit too high in my opinion, but otherwise it's a super great shop. The owner is very friendly. Would definitely recommend this!

Pros: friendly owner, many products to choose from, nicely decorated

Cons: sometimes expensive

KobeMangelschots 20 Oct 2016 - Hi, thank you for your review! It is very appreciated!
Could you indicate which products you found to be too expensive? All our products are prices at market value or at the lowest price we can set them without loosing profit (which is close to impossible for a small vegan to achieve, actually). It would help us to reevaluate the products/suppliers/logistics. Thanks!

Cheese! - Edit

Great home made cheeses (you can sample them). Very helpful with finding what's best for you in terms of food intolerances. Worth a visit!

Pros: A lot of vegan cheese options, Products I haven't found in other shops, Fair priced

Vegan cheese & faux meat of every kind - Edit

Vegan cheese of every kind - artisanal, brand (Violife, Wilmersburger, Mozzarisella), shredded, sliced, big pieces, creamy, spreadable, with or without herbs, "goat cheese", "mozzarella", "parmesan cheese" etc.
Many kinds of vegan faux meat with lots of protein, often imported from Germany (e.g. Vantastic Foods).

Oh, and I absolutely love the artisanal cheese croquettes at this place! They're 2 for 2 euro's and you can freeze them for later use so I always buy a bunch. You could have tricked me into believing it was real cheese, it's that good. But maybe I shouldn't tell you this so I can have them all for myself ;)

Pros: Vegan cheese, Vegan cheese croquettes, Vegan faux meat

Cons: We need more shops of this kind!

Makes Leuven a better place - Edit

Shavt was a discovery for us, it brought on something we hadn't expected: the return of cheese into our vegan lives. Because, let's face it, you can live without but it's a better life with cheese! Shavt sells various homemade vegan cheeses, I recommend the cashew mozzarella and the "herby" cream cheese. Besides that, there is a good choice of brand cheese and of course many other handy vegan items that are hard to find elsewhere.

Pros: 100% vegan, sells niche vegan items, homemade cheeses, friendly owner

Awesome place - Edit

They have everything you are looking for. I found some items I did not manage to find anywhere else (e.g. Liquid Smoke, Vegan Bacon, ...) The best part for me are the vegan cheeses, and especially the homemade vegan cheeses. The owner lets you taste the cheeses, and they are so unbelievably creamy (think: melt in your mouth!).

I thought the owner was a very nice and helpful guy. He even offered me some tea while we discussed vegan matters. So if you feel like hanging around, make sure to ask him about the tea. ;) (I will definitely go back!)

Pros: Amazing cheeses, Friendly owner, Tea

Amazing - Edit

I just found this store for the first time. The owner is extremely helpful and lets customer's taste the cheeses he makes. There are many products I have not been able to find anywhere in my seven years of veganism (including marshmallows). I highly recommend this place.

Pros: central, good and different range

Return to Leuven Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has SHAVT closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.