• CLOSED: Sharky's Woodfired Mexican Grill

Mexican
Fusion
Gluten-free
Non-veg

Serves meat, vegan options available. Southern California style Mexican restaurant franchise offering a contemporary approach to Mexican cuisine with a healthier menu and labeled vegan options. Has tofu, whole wheat tortilla, and brown rice. Vegan choices include a roasted vegetable bowl, avocado quinoa salad, roasted cauliflower and mushroom tacos, tofu plate, tofu and veggie burrito. Be sure to specify no cheese/cream. Rice and beans are vegan. Reported closed March 2024.

Venue map for Sharky's Woodfired Mexican Grill
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by DrZoid

americab

Points +81

24 Feb 2022

Meh

The beans and rice were good but I had their vegan vegetable and tofu taco and it was super bland.

CompassionateDiva

Points +119

28 Jun 2019

I’m vegan and my family isn’t so this place was perfect. Lots of options!

It had bowls, burritos, salads, plates with mixed veggies and protien.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Laid back , Does Uber eats

DrZoid

Points +20

19 Aug 2018

We love Sharky's!

My girlfriend and I love going to Sharky's. We have been to several of their locations but this one is the closest to my house. We are vegan and learned about it from Chef AJ who created the AJ Burrito and AJ Bowl options that they serve. (These are not listed on the menu but they exist and you will look like a Sharky's expert if you ask for it.) They will ask if you want black or pinto beans. I usually say "mixed" and they'll give you both. My girlfriend likes the Sharky's Quinoa Salad with dressing on the side. Other vegan options include Organic Tofu & Veggie Tacos, the Organic Roasted Vegetable Bowl, and the Organic Tofu and Veggie Burrito. I have also had the Tostada, but without the cheese and sour cream. (It's awesome and huge, comes in a large tortilla bowl and is even bigger after I load it with green onions and pico de gallo from the salsa bar.) Vegan side dishes include brown rice, Mexican rice, quinoa with veggies, black beans, pinto beans, broccoli, yams, and roasted vegetables. (They'll also serve the vegetables steamed if you ask.)

One of the best features is the salsa bar where you can load up on your favorite salsa, pico de gallo, green onions, lemons, etc. Their Fire Roasted Salsa just won "Best Medium" and "Best Red" awards at the 2018 Oxnard Salsa Festival. I also LOVE their tea. They serve 3 types, Black, Tropical, and Green, all brewed. I mix all three for an awesome iced tea. Unlimited refills.

They also have rewards; you can use your phone number, a rewards card, or their app. For every $100 spent, you get a $7 reward credit. (Sign up on your first visit because you will want to go back.)

After you place your order, ask for some chips (they'll give them to you for free), visit the salsa bar, get your drink and wait for them to bring the order to your table. Be ready to eat because they are FAST. If you want more chips, just go to the counter and ask. The employees are a joy to work with.

When I was growing up, my mom always said that you can tell a good place to eat when you see police eating there. My girlfriend and I have been to at least 6 locations and we have seen police &/or firemen eating in just about every location we've been to. I was at this location once and I counted 12 (no joke) police in there. Not for a crime, but for the food.

Highly recommended!

Updated from previous review on 2018-08-18

Pros: Great food with fast, friendly service, excellent salsa bar, free chips, easy parking, 3 kinds of brewed tea with unlimited refills.

Cons: I wish there were more locations, I leave feeling stuffed, I can't stop drinking their tea.