Shanti Gelato

• Other Other

Canvis Vells 2, Carders 18, Barcelona, Spain, 08003

An ice cream parlor with tradition in Barcelona. Uses Italian/Argentinean recipes. All products are made-in-house by hand. Sorbets are made with seasonal local fruit. Developed a special line for vegans, celiacs and people with lactose intolerance. Has specialty flavors such as cucumber with apple, hummus with plum and beetroot with sesame seeds, as well as chocolate, vanilla, cream, pistachio and coconut, and options with no added sugar. Also offers vegan catering for events. Open Mon 9:00am-9:00pm, 1:30pm-10:30pm.

First Review by RosaL

Really good! - Edit

Loved the ice creams and desserts

Delicious and recommendable! - Edit

Searching for some vegan ice-cream for me we found Shanti Gelato in El Born of Barcelona. My boyfriend had Kinder ice-cream (not vegan) and I had some beetroot with apple and chia as well as a scoop of fig (both vegan).
Due to being addicted to ice-cream we eat a lot of it and it was quite good. We have to admit that there's better ice-cream on earth but we both liked it. My scoop of fig was a bit too sweet but I think that's because of the rice-milk which is quite sweet itself and my boyfriend said Kinder was quite okay but nothing special.
To sum up, it was tasty and recommendable - especially when looking for some vegan ice-cream! ;)

Pros: Vegan ice-cream, Good location, Friendly

Cons: Bit too sweet

Return to Barcelona Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Shanti Gelato closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.