Shangri La

• Veg-friendly
Contact 313-974-7669

4710 Cass Ave, Detroit, Michigan, USA, 48201

Serves meat, vegan options available. Has a vegetarian section on the where the some dishes are vegan suitable or ask to omit egg. Includes ma po tofu, braised tofu with shitake mushroom, green beans with pickled vegetable, vegetable fried rice, and vegan sushi (vegan mayonnaise available for spicy tofu rolls). Staff will point to the vegan items on the all-day dim sum menu. Full bar and Wi-Fi.

Category: Ovo, Chinese, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Asian, Non-veg

First Review by vegette

Love This Place! - Edit

I wish I could give it five stars because whatever your level of animal consumption is you can get really tasty food that isnt too pricey and is delivered to you fast. As there is a lot of rice on the menu, its easier for gluten free diners as well. Whether you order sushi, dim sum, or just a regular entree itll be authentic and delicious. I wish there were more raw options however.

Pros: Delicious, Authentic, Options

Cons: Raw Options

my favorite place for dinner and carryout - Edit

This place makes everyone happy. I order from here at lease once a week for carryout, but the ambiance for dining is also great for dates or group dinners. Small bar is a good place to end up talking to the others around you if you are there by yourself. There is a vegetarian section on the menu where mostly everything is vegan or can be ordered without egg to make it vegan. I love the Pan Fried Flat Rice Noodles and Braised Tofu dishes. I also order the veggie sushi quite often. The spicy tofu rolls must be ordered with vegan mayo, the avocado rolls are excellent and the veggie roles are nice and crunchy. The cost for the veggie sushi is cheaper than I have seen it in most sushi restaurants. Very good deal! There are also several items on the dim sum menu that are vegan. My favorite being the Pan Fried Vegetable Rice Roll and the Red Bean Paste Bun. Ask the server and they will tell you what is vegan, or they will mark up a dim sum menu for you to take home and work off of when ordering future carryouts. I have had excellent experience with service and staff.

Pros: Great selection, Good service, Affordable

Cons: Also serve meat

Return to Detroit Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Shangri La closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1313 times since Sep 2012.