First Review by marukochan

Delicious and affordable - Edit

I visited this place last week. It was around 8pm and the place was full. We got a table right away though.
Although they have both english and chinese menus, there's no pictures of the food so I was a bit lost regarding what to order just by reading the names of the dishes.

We decided to take that as an adventure though, and ordered deep-fried "pork" with vegetables and soybean sauce, some noodles recommended by the staff, and vegetables with "pork" dumplings. Everything was quite delicious, specially the noodles. But I feel like I didn't order the best on the menu, so I would like to go there again to try more things and make a better review. We paid around 160MOP, which is quite reasonable considering Macau's prices.

The place was clean and the staff was nice. There's english, chinese and cantonese speaking staff. They deliver food as well, but the leaflet was all in chinese.
Updated from previous review on Friday May 01, 2015

Pros: Inexpensive, Tasty

Cons: No pictures on the menu, Too much mock meat

Delicious! - Edit

Visited this restaurant today while on a day trip to Macau. It was really good! They have one English menu (we had to wait until someone else was done using it). We got garlic "pork," lemon "chicken" (both of these were seriously good), a noodle thing, some fried veg dumplings, some fried spring rolls, and some buns that came with condensed milk for dipping. Everything was really good, especially the main dishes. 3 mains, 3 dim sum, two small rice, two pots of tea was 291 all inclusive - pretty reasonable.

Unfortunately the first time we tried to go there we arrived at 3 p.m., and they are closed from 3-6. Came back for dinner.

Pros: friendly, reasonable, delicious

Cons: closed for 3 hours in afternoon

Good Shanghainese Food - Edit

This small restaurant offers delicious, reasonably priced vegetarian Shanghainese food.
I'll strongly recommend its pan fried dumplings (guo-tie), sweet sour soup and rice rolls in sesame sauce.
This restaurant is really busy and crowded so reservations is strongly recommended especially during the weekend.

Pros: excellent food, big portions, good value for money

Cons: plenty of mock meat, noisy when the restaurant is packed, food maybe a tad salty

Return to Macau Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Shanghai Yuen Vegetarian closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1726 times since Jan 2009.