First Review by robz

Lower your expectations - Edit

I saw that Shambu's would be at the Animal Aid Christmas Fayre this year and checked out their menu. When I saw that they had a Hawaiian pizza AND wholemeal crust, I was thrilled. I went up to their table at the fayre and asked if they had the Hawaiian pizza. They said no, which is fair enough. You can't take everything with you to a fayre.
So then I asked if the crust on the pizzas they did have was wholemeal, and the man serving the food said he didn't know, but he would ask. He came back saying that the crust was made with wheat. I asked it if was whole wheat and he said yes.
So I decided to get the pizza. It looked like a pre-made frozen pizza you would get for 50p in the supermarket, and didn't taste much better than that. And upon further inspection of the crust, it was clearly made with white flour. Very disappointed that they lied to me!

Pros: variety, friendly

Cons: dishonesty, food quality

Wide range of home-cooked vegan food - Edit

I've eaten Shambhu's food at various events, including the monthly London Vegans talks (where you can place an order a few days before the event), and also at the Animal Aid Cruelty-Free Christmas Fayre where they are one of the caterers. They do a variety of pizzas with vegan cheese and nice crispy bases, Mexican burritos and also slaw (actually they do a much wider range of food if you want them to cater for you, e.g. Indian food) but by far my favourites are their fudgy chocolate slice and their superb cheesecakes (mixed berry for me). The owners Nishma and Mahersh are kind and friendly too and they do cookery classes.

Pros: Ethical company, Friendly

Return to London Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Shambhu's closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.