Shaman Restaurant

Santa Catalina Ancha 366-B, Cusco, Peru

A shamanic restaurant dedicated to ancient shamanic food practices. Offers vegan and raw food with salads as well as traditional Peruvian dishes like stuffed avocado and Andean potatoes. The plate of the day might include soup, bread, beans, rice, quinoa, seitan, salad bar, and tea. Feb 2016 reported no longer using dairy and is now all vegan. Open Mon-Sat 12:00pm-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Organic, Raw, Western, Salad bar, Juice bar, Peruvian

First Review by scottierae

Delicious! - Edit

Amazing food! Great service! Now one of my favorite places to eat in Cusco! Menu del dia is filling and delicious for 14 soles you get muña salad soup and entree! They have vegetarian options but the menu is almost all vegan! My boyfriend and I came here after getting food poisoning at Green Point. We ordered soup and it was just what our stomach needed to recover from a day of sickness! Grateful for everyone who works there and the locals who go as well. They all were extremely kind and open to conversation with us.

Pros: fresh healthy food , great service , clean!

Cons: a little slow.. but that's most places in cusc

nice place but nothing special - Edit

The place is really cozy and staff is super friendly!
I ordered gratinated potatoes with cheese
which I expect to be hot but the dish was cold and more like a salad.
Overall I would say that the food is quite good but nothing special. It is kept simple , therefore the prices a low.

Pros: cheap and many options , cosy, friendly staff and English menu

delicious healthy hearty food - Edit

I could not enjoy the food more. it's absolutely delicious and so healthy. the food presentation is beautiful arranged with great care and love, the taste is divine. the environment is so beautiful too, very peaceful, great decor. it's my favourite restaurant in South America. the staff is so friendly and nice as well. I love it love it love it!!

Pros: all vegan gluten free options healthy superfoods

healthy & tasty - Edit

Food here is very fresh and healthy, and of course very tasty. The restaurant also has a very welcoming atmosphere

Cosy - Edit

The vegan omelette is a game changer.

Nice place :) - Edit

Nice place, also a shop that's selling many interesting things. I would argue that french fries are NOT 'shamanic food'. But there is a lot of nice stuff as well :)

Pros: Nice shop

Cons: Small place with shared tables

Delicious Food, nice establishment - Edit

We ate there with a group of 4 people and ordered the Papa Huancaina to share as starter, a vegetable dish and different pastas. The only con woult be that the starter arrived after the first main dishes. But firstly they brought bread with different sauces, which was nice and they had spices on the table. Additionally we loved the decoration of the restaurant. All in all the staff was kind (even asked for allergys), the food was good and reasonably priced.

Pros: frienly staff, good food, cool decorations

Cons: Starter arrived with the main dishes

Excellent - Edit

Excellent vegan food, moderate prices, nice atmosphere, good service, huge portions. Big recommendation!

one of the best I've had - Edit

Very nice people, very nice environment and the food was so good. I had a veggie stuffed avocado and a burrito type thing. I wish I was there longer to try more!

Good place for food as well as meeting other people - Edit

Nice vegan place in the center of Cuzco just off a main street. Nice raw food. Also has warm options in case the nights get a bit too cold and you need something warm. Great Maca power juice. Love to hang around the large central table and meet anyone from locals to people that just arrived from the airport.

Pros: Lots of choice, Great juices, Nice place to meet people

Cons: Sometimes noisy when it's busy, When busy you may need to wait for your order

Happy vibes, healthy menu - Edit

Have you ever wanted to eat at a table set with a centerpiece of giant crystals for high-vibration dining? Shaman Restaurant is your place.

The menu offers an interesting mix of home-style regional and international foods, with a focus on healthy ingredients. There are fresh juices and desserts, too.

Service is warm and friendly, and some English is spoken.

Phenomenal - Edit

LOVED it. Delicious, healthful, and gorgeous food. Amazing energy. My favorite restaurant in Cusco.

Menu Del Dia - Edit

An all round fantastic menu. I went back for their Menu of the Day (Menu Del Dia) multiple times during my 2 week stay in Cusco. It's only 14 soles, and everything is well portioned and consistently delicious.

My favourite dishes off the menu include the vegan omelette and the chocolate waffles. I also really recommend testing out their brown rice dessert.

Pros: Fully vegan, Waffles from heaven , Cheap lunch menu

My First 5 Star Rating! - Edit

Wow. Just wow you guys. I was so overwhelmed by the amount of options that were on the menu. I ended up ordering the Alfredo because its been so long since I've had white sauce, and it used to be my favorite. It was amazing! I would be willing to bet good money that a non-vegan wouldn't be able to identify it as not containing dairy. SO creamy and delicious! Prices aren't 'cheap', but very reasonable for the quality and amount of food you get. Atmosphere was great as well, beautiful decorations and friendly staff! EAT HERE!

Pros: Many Options, Beautiful Atompshere, Yummy Food

Cons: I don't have much time to go back!! :'(

THE BEST - Edit

Amazing place. Just go there. idk what else to say. Medium prices, good prices, excellent atmosphere. they can book you san pedro and aya retreats as well.

Pros: The whole place

Cons: I dont have two stomachs

favorite restaurant of all times - Edit

wow. the mega crystals, the raw and healthy food. I've been searching for a vegetarian place that focuses on the LOCAL food. they serve plenty of peruvian dishes that I was so happy with. very calm and peaceful and mega crystal frequencies whole eating.

I often dream about this restaurant! - Edit

I am excitedly returning to Peru next week and even more excited to return to eat at Shaman. I am sure it is going to be equally as amazing as it was last year. I will come back and edit this upon my return.
I was amazed at the love and crafting that went into their delicious vegan food.
Stay tuned for updates!

Pros: Great staff and affordable, Local sourcing, Great location

Cons: Small, can be a little slow

Good food in a good location - Edit

I liked the food here and the people were nice. You get a lot of food for the money... currently 9.9 soles in May 2015. You get a salad, then a bowl of soup, then the main plate and a drink. You won't leave hungry!

Return to Cusco Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Shaman Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.