Shaman Restaurant

• Vegan
Contact 984761007

Santa Catalina Ancha 366-B, Cusco, Peru,

A shamanic restaurant dedicated to ancient shamanic food practices. Offers vegan and raw food with salads as well as traditional Peruvian dishes like stuffed avocado and Andean potatoes. The plate of the day might include soup, bread, beans, rice, quinoa, seitan, salad bar, and tea. Feb 2016 reported no longer using dairy and is now all vegan.

Category: Vegan, Organic, Raw, Western, Salad bar, Juice bar, Peruvian

First Review by scottierae

Menu Del Dia - Edit

An all round fantastic menu. I went back for their Menu of the Day (Menu Del Dia) multiple times during my 2 week stay in Cusco. It's only 14 soles, and everything is well portioned and consistently delicious.

My favourite dishes off the menu include the vegan omelette and the chocolate waffles. I also really recommend testing out their brown rice dessert.

Pros: Fully vegan, Waffles from heaven , Cheap lunch menu

My First 5 Star Rating! - Edit

Wow. Just wow you guys. I was so overwhelmed by the amount of options that were on the menu. I ended up ordering the Alfredo because its been so long since I've had white sauce, and it used to be my favorite. It was amazing! I would be willing to bet good money that a non-vegan wouldn't be able to identify it as not containing dairy. SO creamy and delicious! Prices aren't 'cheap', but very reasonable for the quality and amount of food you get. Atmosphere was great as well, beautiful decorations and friendly staff! EAT HERE!

Pros: Many Options, Beautiful Atompshere, Yummy Food

Cons: I don't have much time to go back!! :'(

favorite restaurant of all times - Edit

wow. the mega crystals, the raw and healthy food. I've been searching for a vegetarian place that focuses on the LOCAL food. they serve plenty of peruvian dishes that I was so happy with. very calm and peaceful and mega crystal frequencies whole eating.

I often dream about this restaurant! - Edit

I am excitedly returning to Peru next week and even more excited to return to eat at Shaman. I am sure it is going to be equally as amazing as it was last year. I will come back and edit this upon my return.
I was amazed at the love and crafting that went into their delicious vegan food.
Stay tuned for updates!

Pros: Great staff and affordable, Local sourcing, Great location

Cons: Small, can be a little slow

Very enjoyable and affordable dining experience - Edit

We just had dinner at Shaman Restaurant and really loved the experience. I can recommend the Quinoa Soup; it is truly delicious. The filled Avocado was outstanding too. The place has a lot of atmosphere and is very cozy.

Pros: Excellent food, Great prices for what you get, Friendly staff

Healthy Food/ Big Portions! - Edit

We ate here twice while in Cusco! Amazing (huge) dishes, prepared with great care. We loved the quinoa soup! Consider splitting salads, as they are enormous! Loved the "wall of wisdom"!

Pros: large menu

Cons: can be hard to find (it's in a small side street)

Perfect!!! - Edit

recommend SET-MENU!
becouse that is only 14.80sol!!
salad,bread,soup,main,tea and love!!!
everything delicious.

i love Cusco.becouse there have Shaman Restaurant.

16/Oct/2013

Pros: excellent food, nice vibe, smoke-free

great deal for 20soles - Edit

i ate here twice at night while in cusco. The food was amazing value with large amount of lovely healthy food made & displayed with love. There are also lots of variety to choose from on the menu. However there was something missing which i cant really put my finger on, i dont know if it was the music or the lighting but there was something with the atmosphere. The communal table was good for eating, meeting & chatting to others but i did not like how the coca powders & other powder stuff was abit pushed on you to buy by a staff member & how there spiritual beliefs were pushed too. Maybe it was just me at the time but i felt it was abit much on my first visit so on my second visit i did not engage in conversion as much. Overall it is one of the best restaurants for vegan food in cusco & the staff mean well so definitely give it a go & see what you think.

Pros: great menu, spiritual, good service

Cons: too pushy on selling powder products, too deep on preaching spiritual beliefs, no cheap menu of the day at lunchtime

AMAZING IN FOOD AND ART - Edit

Discovering this place was amazing, I felt at home and could enjoy the way they prepare the meals. The salad bar was diverse up to 10 options which is very good for the Peruvian standard. It was expensive considering the quantity of food and I was very satisfied with everything. Thanks a lot for being there and sure will return there one day.

Pros: Nice Music, Great art with philosophy, Good raw options

Cons: A little inside, but not great deal, Still small, but bigger than many others

huge menu! - Edit

Huge extensive menu! so much to choose from! They have a board filled with animal rights and vegan pictures which is awesome. The bathrooms were decorated as well, with spiritual and beautiful pictures.

They have free roasted corn on the table to snack on while waiting. As for dinner, I went with the healthy option of getting a huge salad (as it felt like I wasn't eating enough vegetables on my trip!) It was very yummy..avocado, beets, greens etc

My friend got the quinoa soup and I had wished I had gotten it, but she was so full so she did let me finish it. We had a lot of quinoa soup on our trip but this was definitely the best one!! sooo good! (It also came with bread which was very tasty). She also got an order of french fries which the way they came out..was very cute. They were tasty.

The workers were all very friendly and nice. A customer was actually teaching them English while we were eating and that was really sweet to watch/listen to.

I'd highly recommend this place!

Fantastic Find! - Edit

The menu is very extensive, even includes raw options, and reasonably priced for the touristy Cusco area. I had the quinoa vegetable soup, which was delicious and a much larger serving than I expected (12 soles). That was enough for a meal, but I had already ordered some potatoes in Andean sauce (10 soles), which were also pretty tasty. The atmosphere was quaint, and the service very friendly. I will definitely go back again before I leave the area.
Updated from previous review on Monday January 14, 2013

Pros: Extensive Menu

Return to Cusco Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Shaman Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3077 times since Dec 2012.