Shakabrah Java

Contact 253-572-2787

2618 6th Ave (at S Adler St ), Tacoma, Washington, USA, 98406

Serves meat, vegan options available. Shakabrah Java is a breakfast cafe offering many lacto-ovo vegetarian options. Vegan options include any of the skillet choices (upon request), vegan margarine and many sides, including the Shaka potatoes.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Italian, Non-veg

First Review by DavidDunning

Good food, but beware - Edit

I have had breakfast here several times, and the food has always been great. The do seem to know what vegan means, and are able to veganize just about anything. They do not have dedicated vegan cooking equipment but I would imagine most places don't. I had a less than pleasant experience when I found a piece of bacon in my potatoes. I didn't notice it until I opened the takeout box at home, so I didn't get to say anything. I take it for what it's worth - a non vegan restaurant offering vegan options. Nothing is fully vegan when using shared equipment, thought I will say that finding meat in my food was very off-putting.

Pros: vegan options, good food

Cons: not always vegan concious

Not So Vegan Friendly - Edit

I came here after another vegan breakfast placed closed very excited to find another place. However, I found the true vegan options minimal at best and when we received our food the tofu was very bland. They advertise as vegan friendly but the waitress was not able to answer any of our very simple vegan questions, like is it cooked in butter? I feel they advertise vegan options to try to get more business but in reality they really don't know what vegan is and they really can't cook yummy vegan food. We won't be going back.

Pros: Enviroment Was Nice, Dining Area Nice And Relaxing

Cons: Food Tasted Bland, Very Limited Options For Vegans, They Didnt Even Have Vegan Cheese

Return to Tacoma Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Shakabrah Java closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1269 times since Mar 2011.