Shahbaba Indian Restaurant

n/a

Nai Yang walking street, Phuket, Thailand

Serves meat, vegan options available. Reported owner is vegetarian and understands what vegan means and can make the Indian dishes vegan upon request. Try a curry. Previously named Tandoor Indian Restaurant. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-11:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Indian, Thai, Non-veg

First Review by jonny starch

"Tandoor" is wonderful - Edit

First, great food! Veg and vegan options. Second, It was really hard to find because the name on happy cow isn't really correct. Tandoor is the name. Shah Baba is in little letters. I walked past this place 10 times before I figured it out, very frustrating.

Lovely - Edit

My wife and I arrived in Nai Yang beach and was happy to come across this place. The area isn't surrounded by vegan/vegetarian restaurants. The owner is fully aware of what vegan means and can make anything vegan on the vegetarian menu. Food is a bit heavy on oil and salt. Will happily recommend.

Pros: The food can be made vegan

Cons: dishes are small for the price, heavy on oil and salt

Very friendly staff. Very comfortable. Food good. - Edit

As mentioned in a previous review, if you let the owner know you're vegan he is incredibly helpful with what it is you can and can't have.

Which is always a big help.

The menu is reasonably priced and the foods great too.

Vegans are at home! A must! - Edit

( If you are hungry for some good Indian food, take the trip and visit this amazing place - worth it!)

Just to look at the owners eyes when you mention the word vegan! That splendid man has it all covered to expert level of vegan existence ( taught me about jain veganism )!

We are not even getting to the food yet...

The mastery of his ways of communicating is out of this world. It really makes you glow since you can see the honesty of his intentions!!!

He guided us through the menu and guarded us from getting the vegan food and informed us on the possibilities of the switches he can do to make everything vegan. We got all the vegan versions of the food that we craved!

I have to mentions the food was so good that you just want to have the memory of that splendid meal and not to discuss it overly much ( be sure to ask proper spiciness level, for a westener medium was barely ok for us, and usually we can take on a bunch of spiciness )

The owner Shah Baba is so warm and welcoming, it felt so good to talk english and understand and be understood - bejond that! Thank you from the heart! We were lucky to find this place!

The place has a sign in the small letters of Shah Baba and big one saying Tandoori! Just at the alley (walking street) from the beach road at nai yang beach.

(Sorry that I could not give over 4 stars because of the website policy, it deserves 5)

Pros: Delicious, Professional, Fulfilling experience

Cons: cant think of really...

shahbaba 27 Jan 2017 - Thanks a lot my very young dear friends for writing of very kind and full of hearty love review about my restaurant mentioning food and this humble man as well. Really your kindness bring tears in my eyes and make me speech less
Bundle of thanks again
May God bless you long , happy and healthy life Ameen.

Shah Baba

Awesome food, splendid service - Edit

We first visited Shah 2 years ago before the military came in and changed all the restaurants/knocked a lot down. We were really happy to find it again, we were greeted by the owners smiling face again and welcomed in when we asked about vegan options as we have gone vegan since our last visit.
He was, and still is very kind and very grateful to get business and had a full understanding of our dietary needs. We ate here almost every day for dinner.
It is THE BEST Indian food I've ever had anywhere in Australia or Thailand so far. Highly recommend for vegans and non vegans alike.
Highly recommend the palak, daal, biryani mushroom rice, eggplant curry, aloo gobi!! What am I saying you will not regret any option you choose at the place.

shahbaba 27 Jan 2017 - My most dearer friends. First of all am so grateful to you for introducing me this Happy cow web site and more over writing very first , kind and full of love review and brief story of my restaurant history. Thanks God last day I find one sweet couple from Histonia they told me about your kind review and help me a lot to open my account in happy cow . So all credit goes to you .
May God bless you a lot on every step of your life with good health and happiness Ameen

Your humble friend

Shah Baba

Return to Phuket Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Shahbaba Indian Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.