Shagga Coffee & Restaurant

240-296-3030

6040 Baltimore Ave, Hyattsville, Maryland, USA, 20781

Serves meat, vegan options available. Ethiopian cuisine where one could get a vegan combo platter for 1 or 2 persons which comes with various dishes like spiced lentils, vegetables, peas, and potato; served with injera bread. The lentil sambusa and house salad are vegan. Does Ethiopian coffee ceremony. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-10:00pm.

Categories: Beer/Wine, Take-out, Ethiopian, African, Non-veg

First Review by MerryRose

Beautiful, delicious food - Edit

I had seen this restaurant on Route 1 many times and had always wanted to try it. A few weeks ago I checked online and it said it was closed, but I went there this weekend and not only were they open, they were busy! My friend and I ordered the vegetarian combo for 2 and split it (disclaimer, even though a section of their menu says 'vegetarian' it is, in fact, 100% vegan). This visually stunning platter came with 2 servings of all of the veg-dishes as well as a basket of injera. My friend also tried some of the Ethiopian wine and loved it. I would like to return and try the coffee ceremony as it is very highly acclaimed at this restaurant. While I am not strictly HCLF, I do try to keep my fats low and my carbs high, and this place was surprisingly good at that. Often, restaurant food is drenched in oil, but the food here was just right. For the amount of food we got, this place was very affordable and the staff was extremely friendly. While it was busy, it wasn't completely packed, which made the dining experience quite lovely. I will definitely be returning!

Pros: Large portions for low prices, Food is absolutely beautiful, Variety of vegan options

Cons: You have to ask for water (but it is still free)

Return to Hyattsville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Shagga Coffee & Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.