First Review by drwill

Amazing vacation spot - Edit

Love this place so much; we eat so much food when we visit. The owners are wonderful and will tell you about good spots to visit for hiking, biking, sitting on the beach etc. Wonderful vegan muffins and varied delights including tofu scramble, waffles, and produce from their own garden. Absolutely our favorite place to stay on Cape Cod. Can't recommend it highly enough.

Pros: Muffins, Delicious food, Friendly owners

Lovely! AND delicious vegan food.... yes, please! - Edit

This is a charming little B&B. We stayed the last weekend in May and the weather was beautiful. We loved the veggie gardens and peaceful location. Our room/bath was adorable and very clean. The owners and their adult daughter shared a lot of information about the cape with us and were very friendly. The food was AMAZING! I'm a good cook and a bit of a food snob (lol!) but my husband and I felt totally spoiled by the breakfasts! And they were so accommodating of our vegan requirements. Lots of nice little touches at this lovely B&B. We hope to return when we make it back to the cape!

Pros: THE FOOD!!!, Clean, charming, great peaceful quiet area

Cons: can't walk to the beach

Historic B&B near the cape. - Edit

If you like a historic B&B, this is for you. The house is quite old (and advertised as such), so if you want central air or more modern facilities this is not the place for you. The bed was nice and comfy. The shower was a stall. The TV was super small and old, but we weren't there to watch TV so it didn't matter to us. Both owners were nice, and their dog was very friendly. They also had an outdoor shower which was fun. Finally, they had some riding bikes you can borrow.

A big downside is the owners weren't often around. They were around in the morning for breakfast and right afterwards, but not in the afternoons or evenings. For example, we tried to get some ice, find out where we could refrigerate food, etc (normal things you run into while at a B&B). They were almost never there. Granted they have a life to live, but it was annoying. To balance that, when they were around they were extremely helpful.

As for the food ... top notch. The chef was really good. Surprisingly he looked a little confused when I asked about animal rennet. So if you are strict veggie, I suggest requesting vegan. Even though they are a vegetarian B&B, they were more than happy to make vegan meals.

One downside I wanted to point out has nothing to do with the B&B. The cape itself isn't very veggie friendly. The B&B had lots of menus for local restaurants available to look through. Most had very few or no vegetarian options. There is one vegetarian restaurant in Hyannis, the Green Lotus Cafe, but it can be a bit of a drive depending on traffic.

Pros: Great food, Historic B&B

Cons: the area is not very veggie friendly., Owners can be hard to find

Return to South Dennis Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Shady Hollow Inn closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.