Seyhmus

Contact +46-8-6585555

Varvsgatan 29, Hornstull, Stockholm, Sweden,

Organic food restaurant. Vegetarian main dishes, soups, salads, and breads. Casual dining. Sits 50 meters from Hornstull metro station. Open Mon-Fri 10:00am-7:00pm, Sat-Sun 12:00pm-6:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Organic, Buffet, European, Swedish

First Review by Veganismus

Probably my Favorite - Edit

Probably my all time favorite restaurant ever. For so many reasons.

They have great quality ingredients. I find myself just eating their fresh veggies and totally enjoying their unique flavor.

They dont over do any of the flavors and let the veggies be the main taste. I really dislike when I hardly taste the individual flavors. This place definitely got it right.

Tons of options with different styles. All from fresh salads, creamy sauces and pastas like hummus, green pea paste, and more. The also have lost a of delicious cooked, roasted or steamed veggies. Some of them have a little too much oil for my liking but some are perfect.

The price is awesome and 110kr for a student buffé with so much quality is beyond anything I've found before.

Nice casual seating in a great location so close to the subway.

Definitely give it a try. You'll be happy you did.

Pros: Great Quality Ingredients , lots of goodboptilns, price worthy

Cons: a little too much oil in some of the dishes. , no sugar free cold drink

Very good - Edit

The food was great and fresh. I really liked their hummus and lentil soup. They have a nice selection of organic teas. Nice and relaxed atmosphere. Too bad that not everything is organic as they claim.

Pros: food, tea

Cons: not organic

Lovely Place for Lunch - Edit

We arrived here after the previous two restaurants we went to were closed for summer holidays! It was around 1600hrs, and we were the only customers in the place. We paid for the buffer lunch and were advised it included everything. We helped ourselves to soup, bread, juice, numerous cold dishes (various salads, olives etc.) and several hot dishes (falafel, rice, veg stew) The food was really tasty and very enjoyable. We had a long, leisurely meal, finished off with tea/coffee and baklava. By the time we left, the place was jumping - made me happy, as I wondered what they would do with all the food! Very casual, friendly staff, and a good price for alot of tasty food.

Pros: Tasty food, large choice, Inexpensive, Friendly and casual

Reasonably Priced Wholesome Food - Edit

The buffet style vegan lunch seems to be popular in Stockholm. This is the largest buffet I have seen yet.

The dishes here are hit or miss. Most of the dishes I had at the buffet were quite satisfying, but I can't say I cared much for the mock meat dishes.

I would recommend that you stick with the foods you can recognize, and most of these are very tasty. I really wish this place would label their vegan items.

The restaurant is large with plenty of seating.

The bread is made on premises and is very fresh.

Pros: Fresh bread, Loads of vegan options

Cons: They don't label the vegan options

Quite satisfying - Edit

Quite ok food. Cold dishes were nice and soups were ok too. Warm dishes tasted fine, but it seemed that there was a variation of the same food served in different bowls. And warning - don't eat the falafels. They are rock hard and taste wierd. Good place for someone like me, who prefers cold dishes e.g. salads anyway.

Vegan dishes are not marked. You have to ask.

Pros: Cold dishes taste nice, Ginger drink nice option, Soymilk for the coffee

Cons: Not completely vegan, Vegan foods not marked, Warm dishes somewhat dull

Not so much organic - Edit

supposed to be a organic place
But most of the things are non organic
the taste of cold things and some soups is good (compared to who is working for the day)
but because its not organic
and they have baklawa that mostly probably have gmo in it because shop baklawa always contains maize flour and other stuff as cheap fats.
if the place sometime change to 100% organic then it would get a 4to 5.

Pros: price

Nothing fancy - Edit

Me and my spouse ate at Seyhmus on a weekday this July. It might have been a little late for prime lunch time... Most of the warm foods were not even warm, not to mention hot. A rather greasy selection of vegetables, potatoes and rice and some vegetable/beans sauce.

For a vegan there were several options but you have to ask, vegan dishes are not marked.

The warm food was nothing special but some of the (many!) cold dishes (middle east style with hummus and other cold, spicy sauces, lentils, beans) were very good.

The bouffet (eat as much as you want) if very reasonably priced. The only dessert option was baklava cakes, not vegan. Too bad, I would have wanted something sweet after the greasy cold warm dishes...

The bouffet also had two different soups. I only tasted one of them, rather lame.

Sorry to hear about the owner not being fair to his employees.

Pros: Lots to eat, even vegan, Not too expensive, Easy, relaxed

Cons: Vegan foods not marked, Some of the foods were not very tasty

Horrible to Employees - Edit

Seymous (the owner) routinely hires people for short periods of time, then fires them- sometimes charging them several thousand kronor for their supposedly "free" lunch break food. Most of those working for him are in positions where they are having a really hard time getting a job, and he terrorizes them with constant threats- some are immigrants having a hard time finding work, some are arbetsformedlingen assignees who are trying to re-enter the workforce after protracted illnesses or periods of unemployment. I have known two people who worked there- the people they worked alongside were really nice, but I heard really bad things from both of them abotu seymous himself. Please- don't encourage this man's business practises!Its not okay for huge corporations to treat their workers like crap- and its not okay for individual business owners either.

Pros: vegetarian

Cons: owner employs unethical practises

Good vegetarian place - Edit

Good place for vegans and vegetarians. Lot's of food to choose from, especially for vegetarians. Buffet is perfect for a really hungry person - eat as much as you like for a fixed price.

Pros: children friendly, eat as much as you like option, close to public transport

Cons: vegan options unmarked (have to ask)

Nice - Edit

The restaurant looks homely and pleasant and is really clean. Two soups to choose from, 5-8 hot dishes and maybe 10-15 cold dishes. I found the hot dishes tasting too specific for my taste, just not exactly 'it'. There were also pieces of pizza etc. under a warm lamp, but those were not warm. Salads were nice. When we were there several families with small children were eating as well. Prize includes water-with-taste and coffee. No desserts available except for grapes and other fruit on the salad bar.

Pros: Pleasant atmosphere, Kid-friendly, Open spaced

Cons: Some food not warm

Unfresh - Edit

Last time i ate there it did not feel fresh at all and food was not at all good. We didn't even manage to finish our food because it was not at all good and we are not very picky with food. It was not very vegan friendly since most of the warm dishes contain eggs or milk. I have no inclination to eat here ever again.

Cons: Unfresh food, Not vey good, Not so vegan friendly

Loved this place. Deserves more attention. - Edit

I went out of my way to try this place, so glad I did! Turned out to be more than a pleasant surprise.

Food was very tasty, and the variety was just amazing. Staff were knowledgeable and were able to point out all the vegan options, which were the majority. There were easily over 20 warm/chilled selections including soups, rice dishes and some sides, several kinds of pastries, different salad items, various dips/spreads, etc. I almost screamed with joy when I saw the tub of organic coconut oil they put out for the bread and crackers, who would have known! (BTW the bread was SO good too!) Although the coconut flavor was too mild for my taste, I really appreciated it. Another thing that I particularly liked was the fact that the falafel seemed to be baked instead of deep-fried, another score on the health scale!

The setting was simple, nothing fancy, but it got a certain serenity and peacefulness to the atmosphere that I really enjoyed. Location might be off the beaten track, but it is comfortably reachable by the metro. Just get off at Hornstull on the red line and take the Hornsbruksgatan exit. Turn left, walk down the street, and you will see it :)

Pros: excellent healthy food, great value, variety

Cons: location

Return to Stockholm Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Seyhmus closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4779 times since Aug 2007.