Sesame Seed

Contact 203-743-9850

68 W Wooster St (at Jefferson Ave), Danbury, Connecticut, USA, 06810

Serves meat, vegan options available. Has a few vegetarian options including gniocchi, raviolette oswaldo (veggie ravioli in sweet potato sauce, and veggie combo (falafel, hummus, tabouleh). Set up in a funky old house, the downstairs dining room revels in kitschy trinkets from the last century - board games, dolls, and train sets mingle with funky lamps, books, and presidential memorabilia. Reservations suggested. May have only a few vegan options. Open Mon-Sat for lunch and dinner.

Category: International, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by amelsen

Nothing special - Edit

The food was fine, nothing that special. The baba ganoush was very good. I did not like that we were separated from others by a bookshelf. I ended up feeling like we were sitting with random people who happened to talk so loudly that we ended up not have any discussion at all. If I go again, I will ask for a more private table.

Pros: Food is okay, Some vegan options

dreadful - Edit

This place began as a Mideast restaurant, but has since expanded its menu to include all sorts of international main courses of mammals, birds, fish, and exotic sea animals. Vegan fare? Nothing more than the four standard appetizers you'd expect of any Mideast restaurant, but here all dreadful and loaded with salt, and the pita is only white flour. Same as its atmosphere cluttered with antiques, its menu is a step backward in several ways, so stay away.

Return to Danbury Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sesame Seed closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1655 times since May 2008.