CLOSED: Serendipity Fairy Bistrot

Contact +41-912255573

Via Pontico Virunio, 5, Mendrisio, Switzerland, 6855

A small all-vegan pastry shop and deli. Makes cakes using organic and vegetable ingredients and protein only. The deli offers vegan ready-to-eat meals like salads, sandwiches, Italian panzerotti with cheese and salami. Formerly called Serendipity Fairy Cakes. REPORTED CLOSED, OCT 2016. Open Tue-Wed 10:00am-7:00pm, Thu 10:00am-10:00pm, Fri 10:00am-7:00pm, Sat 10:00am-6:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Organic, Take-out, Bakery, European

First Review by DragonBorn

unfortunately, disappointing... - Edit

I got to know this place through their nice website and after seeing the pictures of the cupcakes I really wanted to try them. The place is lovely, a romantic gem. Staff kind and friendly. Unfortunately, they don't make cupcakes anymore (they said people got tired of cupcakes). They had only a few muffins, pralines and two cakes. All vegan. I bought three muffins, the ones that were softer according to the lady. Well... I wish I could say they were worth the trip and the money (15 francs 3 small muffins)... But I shared them with friends and we all were very disappointed. We did not like them, because they were dry. I was soooo sorry... I just hope they will improve the quality of their products, and I wish all the best.

Pros: nice place , kind staff , all vegan

Cons: dry muffins...

Amazing!!!! - Edit

This little bakery serves amazing cupcakes as well as complete meals for lunch. It also offers fresh made smoothies and ice cream in the summer. The ingredients are fresh, fair trade and top quality. The staff is amazing and very nice and the shop is cozy and cute. You can eat inside the shop or on a bench outside. It also offers take away and delivery. Absolutely brilliant!

Has CLOSED: Serendipity Fairy Bistrot closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1065 times since Jun 2015.