Serendipity Cafe

Contact 727-483-9233

664 Main St, Dunedin, Florida, USA, 34698

Serves meat, vegan options available. A dedicated gluten-free facility with focus on whole grains, organic fruits and veggies. Open Thu-Fri 11:00am-8:00pm, Sat-Sun 8:00am-4:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Western, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by AlliTheJohnson

Service was nice - Edit

We came here because of the Jalepeno Poppers, just to find out they discontinued their dinner menu a while back. We were left scrambling for vegan options. I got the Penne, which was okay. My husband ordered the rice and beans, with avocado and tempeh. Our server had to check if they had tempeh and was excited to find some "in the back of the freezer". I thought his meal tasted extremely unseasoned and I could make better at home for a fraction of the price. We ordered the hummus, which was more of a vegan eggless salad mix. The server was super nice but did not know if things were vegan and kept having to check. She did have the cook change her gloves and they cooked all our vegan food before they made our friend's chicken wrap to prevent cross contamination. Overall, I wouldn't give this place a thumbs up or down.

Pros: Nice service, Outdoor seating

Cons: Online menu does not match actual menu, Knowledge about vegan options is iffy

I Love This Place! - Edit

Located just outside downtown Dunedin this cafe is a gem. They specialize in a healthy fare, using very little oil and organic produce.

The kitchen is right behind the bar so you can see meals being made, which I like... They don't hide anything because they don't have to.

Their menu contains a number of vegan and non-vegan items so they can accommodate almost any diet.

My favorite is their nut-meatloaf and gravy and my wife loves their Penne.

Staff is extremely friendly and makes you feel right at home.

Pros: Organic Produce, Extremely Healthy, Friendly Staff

Cons: Not open on Monday

Just found this place - Edit

We just recently found this place. Quite a few vegan choices are available. I had the Penne Fresco and found it to be delicious! While we were there, we could watch the kitchen crew as they were making everything from scratch! I can't wait to try more. I think the Kale Salad may be next on my list!
Updated from previous review on Saturday May 18, 2013

LOVE the Asian Kale Salad! If you are there for dinner, try the chickpea cakes too. They are excellent. We also happened to hit when there was a vegan option in their Meals to Go case and we were heading to my dad's. We got the stuffed kale to go along with an avocado chia seed pudding. Both were healthy and delicious!

Great Place! - Edit

Cute little place near artsy downtown Dunedin. Nice website with the owner's story about her health struggles and what saved her, motivating her to open the restaurant. Although it's a small place and the menu isn't huge, there are plenty of vegan choices. I have had the penne fresco, the tacos, and the stir fry, all of which were amazing. Will definitely keep going back!

Return to Dunedin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Serendipity Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3145 times since Nov 2010.