Senses Altea

Contact 966881043

Calle Sant Pere, Unit 1, Altea, Spain, 03590

Serves meat, vegan options available. Located on the sea-front promenade in Altea in an historic over 200 year old house. Has vegan options including falafel and hummus and a wide selection of salads. Holds events and exhibitions. Has full bar. Open Mon 12:00pm-12:00am, Fri-Sun 12:00pm-12:00am.

Category: Vegan-friendly, International, Salad bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Middle Eastern, Non-veg

First Review by EndikaW.Bush

Serve foie gras - Edit

We were there a last September and I had the falafel burger. Then we were there again a few weeks ago and the waitress told me they made their bread themselves and there is milk in the bread. They even use milk in the pizza dough, so there isn't much on the menu for vegans.

Their menu is very meat laden, but what shocked me most is that they are on Happy Cow even though they serve foie gras. I will not be going to this restaurant again.

Pros: friendly staff, nice location

Cons: serve foie gras, bread is made with milk

What a shame - Edit

I didn't even get to taste their food so this can't be a fair food review. I went here in April 16 and they were very short staffed and didn't even acknowledge that we were there. If they had just said we will be with you shortly instead of ignoring us we would of stayed but we ended up leaving after about 20 minutes without even ordering a drink. It is a lovely building, bohemian and quaint, especially upstairs. Unfortunately the menu has only about two options for a vegan, a veggie burger or salad, I wouldn't even really have gone there if I had known. Great for a vegetarian, but vegetarians can pretty much find something to eat anywhere. My recommendation to them is to tell your customers you are busy, they generally don't mind waiting, but to ignore them is rude. I was the only vegan in a group of 4.

Pros: Good for vegetarians, Lovely building and view

Cons: Not great for vegans

Not a healthy choice. Typical Spain food. - Edit

This places thrives on meat but they do mark menu items that are vegetarian. Unless you like flour and deep fried food you are not going to get much. I ordered the Altea Salad with no meat. Just plain old iceberg lettuce with some cucumbers. For the main course I ordered the Falafal Burger which is just a deep fried falafel, caramelized onions, tomato between a white bun served with some french fries (which I didn't eat). Felt like McDonalds with fancy napkins. +1 for marking the menu with vegetarian options. But -1 because the employee was trying to tell me how good the meat was incase I ever started eating it again. Another employee said it was too hard to make things vegan. With all this said, I understand this is the type of food people usually want here. But Spain is becoming too Americanized.
Updated from previous review on Friday October 17, 2014

Pros: Vegetarian Options, Coffee is good.

Cons: Junk food., Lacks creativity, Meat pride.

Good - Edit

Although it serves a lot of non vegetarian dishes, the vegetarian and vegan ones that I've tried were delicious. The location is also remarkable, amazing beach views.
Updated from previous review on Friday March 15, 2013

Updated from previous review on Sunday October 06, 2013

Pros: Location, Good cookers

Cons: Foie gras, lots of meat and fish, Very few vegan dishes

Return to Altea Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Senses Altea closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1256 times since Nov 2012.