Sekai Cafe - Asakusa

Contact 03-68027300

1-18-8 Asakusa, Taito Ku, Tokyo, Japan, 111-0032

Serves meat, vegan options available. One of two cafes. Aims to attract particularly vegetarians, vegans, and Muslims. Much of menu can be customized to be veg. White sugar is vegan. Staff speaks English. Free Wi-Fi. Direction: when facing Kaminarimon gate, walk along the left side of the market turn left at the first archway, you'll see a green banner with the restaurant name in English. Open Mon-Sun 9:00am-6:00pm. Closes sometimes for private parties.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Pizza, Organic, Fast food, Non-veg

First Review by Alyssa2431

good if you want faux meat - Edit

i went here and enjoyed my meal, but i find it weird having something that tastes like meat since i'm totally not used to that taste anymore...

but if you are transitioning, or still enjoy something like a big ol' cheeseburger, they have you covered...

Clearly labeled menu - Edit

The menu has all clearly marked with pictures what is in them (e.g. Milk, egg, gluten, etc). Unfortunately they had very little that had no milk (for me) or gluten (for my partner) so we couldn't eat here. But we did have a nice soy smoothie. Also the coffee self-serving stand has both cow and soya milk.

Food tastier than it appeared, dull venue - Edit

More halal-oriented than vegan, they had four vegan lunch alternatives and I went for the noodles. It arrived quickly but looked very dull and uninspiring but tasted quite well. Portion could've been a bit larger maybe.

Pros: cheap and quick service, vegan options

Cons: dull atmosphere, food not aesthetically pleasing

I'd give it 5 stars if I could - Edit

The service is great, the food is great, the location is great, there really are no down sides. Had the soy meat yakisoba, and it was delicious. I'll definitely be back.

Pros: Location, Service, Atmosphere

Cons: None, really

sunny, modern cafe - Edit

We loved the sunny space and friendly English-speaking staff. Location could not be more perfect for those visiting Sensoji Shrine.

only a few vegan offerings but good ones. we especially loved the salad plate with hot bread, marinated veggies, and roasted potatoes

Pros: location, location!, friendly staff

Cons: few options

Nice concept ! - Edit

My husband and I went to try this place since it's close to our house and starting to get famous.
The place is bright, the atmosphere is good and as a nice decoration.
It's very "international" typed and everything is write in English.
English is so "main" that my we had to ask for a Japanese menu.
(Good point for foreigners though, I think it's rare in here!)

It was lunch time and it was busy even though it was around 2pm.
They had 2 vegan options for lunch, and I had the "pizza salad" which is basically a focaccia spread with a tomato paste and dressed with a mixed salad.

It was simple but effective. They definitely have very good and organic fresh vegetables.
I could chose between a drink or a soup and I had a 100% orange juice.

My husband had a smoothie that is "beneficial for pollen allergy".
From what I understood they are really into custom and helping as much as they can for you to be able to eat and enjoy anything.
It's also halal, Muslim friendly (which I've never heard before in this area! It's a great thing.) and the staff seems to speak English well (from what I could hear from my table.)
They also had a small store inside where I found halal shio ramen which appears to be vegan as well! I'll buy some next time.

Would recommend, would go again.
(Hope they'll expend the menu though.)

Pros: price/portions are relatively good., dietary needs well understood., can arrange and custom meals

Cons: wish they had a dessert menu, toilets at the 2nd floor (restrain the access if d, Small menu

Return to Tokyo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sekai Cafe - Asakusa closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2082 times since Mar 2015.