Seeds Community Cafe

719-473-8206

109 E Pikes Peak Ave, Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA, 80903

Serves meat, vegan options available. Community-oriented cafe offering a veg-friendly lunch menu that changes daily, starts from 11am. Accepts volunteers. Open Mon-Fri 10:00am-2:30pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Pizza, Organic, Bakery, Catering, Non-veg

First Review by sferd

Disappointing & careless - Edit

I really wanted to like this place! It has lovely reviews everywhere and I love the mission & donation-based system. In fact, just before this disappointing experience (you pay before you eat), my bf donated quite a bit. We would have still donated, just much less :)

I ordered the Vegan Pesto Pizza (vegan is in the actual name on the menu, but there is an option to add real cheese). I received a pizza with unmistakably real mozzarella on it. I politely informed them that this was not the advertised Daiya topping, and 30-40 mins later they brought me my replacement.....................a pizza with real mozzarella AND pepperoni. :''(

At this point, my boyfriend had been done eating for a while and it was getting to be late in the day, so I turned down their offer to try again. The host (/chef? Owner? Idk) then brought me two tiny lettuce wraps with tofu, as that was their quickest option. I also received a wooden nickel as a token for a free meal, but I don't anticipate using it as I live 2,000 miles away.

Basically just a cautionary tale to be VERY clear with them when ordering. They seem vegan friendly otherwise (had at least 1 vegan soup & salad option plus the entrees). But their servers are volunteer or working-for-their-meal, so they're not very customer-service focused.

Pros: Vegan options, Great mission

Cons: Served cheese & meat when requested Vegan

Yummy, often organic, great mission - Edit

We eat here a few times a month. The food is consistently good... they add/change their menu every few months. Often also carry vegan pies. Kale salad is a favorite! Often the food is organic.

Pros: Good food, Often organic

Cons: Can get really busy

Incredible Operation - Edit

This place has an incredible mission, which is to aid in providing food to those who cannot afford to eat. This is a community cafe and one is able to work for their food if they do not have the money. Everything is donation based, but for a full meal, $15 is what actually helps them.

This being said, they have several vegan options. The menu changes every day and they are severely accommodating. They have several bowls, salads, and soup that is vegan. Drinks are free and they even have desserts, some of which are vegan!

Pros: Atmosphere, Delish food, Noble mission

Terrific community-focused cafe - Edit

We were a bit nervous eating here on our way through the Springs since the menu changes daily. When we arrived, we found that this restaurant is VERY Veg-Friendly. Three of the entrees were vegan. The entrees come with either soup or salad--one soup was vegan and there was a vegan Caesar salad available. The menu is also labeled clearly for GF options--I think at least 2 of the vegan entrees were GF.

The food was excellent and freshly prepared. Your meal includes beverages (iced tea, coffee, etc.). The cafe also offers some vegan AND GF desserts--we got pie and a cookie.

This is the kind of restaurant you feel good supporting. You pay what you wish (suggested donation: $10-12, but you can pay as little as $5) and the proceeds help those needing a 'hand up.' The staff was incredibly friendly and appreciative of our business.

In case you're wondering, we paid $12/each for our lunches and $5 for a piece of pie and a cookie.

Pros: Good vegan/GF selection, Friendly staff, Cheerful decor

Return to Colorado Springs Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Seeds Community Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1977 times.