CLOSED: Seed Bistro

Contact 310-477-7070

11917 Wilshire Blvd (at btwn Bundy and Barrington), West Los Angeles, California, USA, 90025

Opening in August 2011, this is the upscale version vegan restaurant create by chef Eric Lechasseur who also created Seed Kitchen in Venice Beach. It's sit-down fine dining with a la carte menu as well as weekly specials, and a sushi bar style chef's tasting table featuring 4-course and 6-course cuisine prepared according to the chef's whim. Reservation is suggested for the chef's table. Parking on street or valet. Reported closed to HappyCow, while looking for a location.

Category: Vegan, International, Macrobiotic, Raw, Beer/Wine, Catering, Fusion, Gourmet

First Review by gr8vegan

elegant tasty dishes - Edit

We finally made it to Seed Bistro for our anniversary and it was so worth it. They were really busy, but since we had a reservation, we got seated fairly quickly. The specials are on the board along with a regular menu at the table. Everything looked so good, but we went with the pate special and the grilled mushroom and mashed potato small plates. Very elegantly presented. For entrees, we chose the seitan bourguignon special and the cassoulet with apple sausage from the menu. The seitan was so tender and tasty while the sausage was unbelievable. We love Eric's desserts, so we had to order two of them. We got the tiramisu and the pear tatin. They did not disappoint. Amazing. The meal was a wonderful experience and I only wish we lived closer. Definitely go if you haven't already.

Pros: elegant dishes, flavorful and tasty, vegan macrobiotic

Cons: parking

Fine Dining in West LA - Edit

This place is really nice. The decor is simple yet elegant. The parking a little difficult/valet but the food is worth the trouble! I really enjoyed the gluten free pasta dish and butternut soup of the day. My friend had the setian steak and potatoes and miso soup. The steak was a little salty. And the miso was tasty. I can't wait to go back and try more items on the menu.

Pros: creative, elegant , tasty

Cons: parking

Gourmet Vegan Dining on the Westside - Edit

Hurray for the opening of Seed Bistro. Since it opened just this week, my husband and I been back twice already. Executive chef and proprietor Eric is a lovey man and his team of staff is gracious. We've enjoyed our meals thoroughly.

It's a nice little space that's simple, warm, and intimate. There is plenty of table seating in addition to a wonderful communal wooden table as well as the "sushi bar" which is typically reserved for the chef's tasting menu. Elegant enough for romantic fine dining yet casual enough for dinner out by oneself or with friends.

So far We've enjoyed the three vegetable miso soup, creamy cauliflower soup (daily soup changes), sweet and savory burdock appetizer, stuffed shitake with side of grilled asapargus and browned onions, flageolet bean cassoulet with apple sauge sausage, squash risotto (from the special's chalkboard), seitan pepper steak with mashed potatoes, and the chocolate mousse with pistachio nougetine. Main course range from $14 to $21 each, desserts are $9, soup $5.

Every is beautifully presented and tastes delicious. I personally especially like the squash risotto special, the burdock, the stuffed shitake mushroom, and the soups. Next time, I want to try their grilled polenta special.

I wish Seed Bistro the best and look forward to returning soon.

PS. One of Chef Eric's known specialty is desserts, so must try!!

Pros: Hand-crafted food, lovely people, nice space

Five star unmatched veg dining @ Seed Bistro - Edit

The Japanese and French influences at Seed Bistro can be seen, touched and tasted. The sleek modern design visually welcomes you and prepares the rest of your senses for the impending leap forward. The Los Angeles vegan scene has been longing for a serious and sophisticated outlet to express and display innovations that have taken pure veg dining to creative heights beyond the limitations of traditional cuisine. Don your finest cruelty free threads for your visit to Seed Bistro. Valet parking is available immediately to the right of the restaurant. Kick off your evening with a selection of organic beer and wine. Seed's Miso soup is perhaps the best I've ever had, with ample whole vegetables. The hands down winner, of which I am partial to because its my favorite dish on the planet, is the cassoulet. The Cassoulet is white bean based with a house made apple seitan sausage. The smooth flavor combination of well seasoned white beans and the apple sausage parleyed on my tongue and created instant regret at my naivete for letting my dinning companions make off with a few samples from my plate.

Updated from previous review on Thursday September 01, 2011

Pros: classy, beer & wine, inventive cuisine

Return to West Los Angeles Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Seed Bistro closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.