CLOSED: Seaside Gourmet to Go

Contact 252-255-5330

3701 Croatan Hwy (at Dunes Shops, Mile Post 4.5), Kitty Hawk, North Carolina, USA, 27949-9201

Serves meat, vegan options available. Formerly The Seaside Vegetarian, now food is mostly takeaway. Small menu of ethnic-inspired vegetarian cuisine and local fish. Has 2 small tables in front for seating. Reported closed to HappyCow, July 2014.

Category: Lacto, American, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Catering, Non-veg

First Review by Wisteria

Welcome lighthouse in a land of seafood; delicious - Edit

I was happy to find this place during a family trip to the Outer Banks, a place where seafood restaurants abound and vegan options seem limited. After resorting to bland steamed vegetables the night before at a seafood joint, I was very pleased with Seaside Gourmet's thai peanut tofu dish! The tofu flavor was incredible, the sauce amazing, and the side cucumber dish delicious. We were a little confused when we first walked in about where to order from (they just joined up with the coffee shop next door) but we figured it out. Seating is limited so our group of 6 split up between a table and the bar. My only complaint was that for the price I thought there could have been a few more pieces of tofu in the dish. It was yummy!

friendly and accommodating - Edit

We got take-out from Seaside Gourmet to Go shortly before they closed. They were very friendly and helpful. We ordered the rice and bean burger. The sauce had yogurt so we skipped that. Overall, it was a god quick meal. They should wrap the burgers in foil so they do not absorb moisture from the rice.

Pros: Quick, Friendly, Helpful people

Cons: Limited vegan selection

Excellent service and awesome food! - Edit

We LOVE this place. We were in OBX last summer and the Seaside Gourmet saved our lives. They catered to our vegan lifestyle with NO problems and the food is outrageously good. Great staff and the Chef even came out and thanked us for our business. Fabulous in every way.

We will definitely be going back our next visit to OBX! Top notch!

Pros: Delicious!, Fresh!, Very Vegan friendly!

Cons: None!

Return to Kitty Hawk Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Seaside Gourmet to Go closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1769 times since Aug 2007.