Sea Star Cafe

• Veg-friendly
Contact 757-336-5442

6429 Maddox Blvd, Chincoteague, Virginia, USA, 23336

Serves meat, vegan options available. Has vegetarian sandwiches, wraps, hummus, and usually a soup. Vegan items are marked on the menu. Orders are made in the order received, so expect a wait. Previously located on Main St.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by modestmouse

veggie oasis - Edit

With so few vegan options on Chincoteague Island, Seastar provides a nice set of tasty homemade options.

Pros: homemade, fresh veggies, good value

Cons: early closing (6pm), vegan protein limited to humus, not a sit down restaurant experience

Great Wraps - Edit

This place makes delicious, fresh sandwiches for vegetarians & vegans. I had a Tabouli wrap, so good & filling! The Malibu wrap was also great w their homemade hummus. They served a yummy three bean salad while we were there too.
The only drawback is the limited seating, which is all outdoors. It is a whole new location though, very cute! Now instead of Main St. it is located on the way to the beach! Perfect!
Updated from previous review on Friday July 12, 2013

Pros: Great Sandwiches

Cons: Limited Seating , Outdoor Only

Fantastic! July 25,2011 - Edit

I am so happy I found Sea Star! Quick counter service at reasonable prices with very friendly staff. I had the Malibu Wrap (vegan) & it was delicious! The ingredients were fresh & the homemade hummus was to die for. Also had a cold avocado& cold chowder which almost had an addictive quality to it. My 5 year old had a turkey,cheese& cucumber on wheat& it was so big that he couldn't get his mouth aground it! The bread was thick& fresh and soft. All sandwiches come with pickles & the soup comes with a fresh multigrain roll. I can't wait to go back to try another vegan wrap! Big variety to please both carnivores and herbivores alike!

Pros: fresh,quality ingredients, giant portions, reasonable prices

I was recently vacationing here with my family and finding this little cafe was a lifesaver. The other restaurants on this island are barely equipped to handle vegetarians let alone a vegan. The food was great (they even had vegan cupcakes!)and very fresh. I enjoyed eating outside and found the employees to be very friendly. Although it is not entirely vegetarian, the menu is very clearly labeled so it was very easy for me to order lunch. I had a hummus and tabbouleh platter and of course one of the vegan cupcakes. The food was so good that before I knew it my husband had given up on his chicken sandwich (he is not veg)and was eating my food too. Which was fine because the portions seemed large to me. I am so glad that I found this place!

Pros: vegan food, nice employees, outside seating

Cons: no indoor seating

An Island Gem! - Edit

Sea Star is our favorite local eatery! The combinations of fresh ingredients are interesting & menu items are named creatively. There is always a soup or 2 with the Mushroom Brie Bisque or Roasted Tomato Red Pepper being my choices (the Gazpacho is the best ever, too!) All food is prepared fresh & made to order so any wait is definitely worth it!! The sandwiches, wraps & salads are large portion sizes so a meal is a huge value here. Come hungry.

Pros: funky chic atmosphere, excellent food, healthy & fresh

Cons: open seasonally

A Star on Chincoteague!! - Edit

This is a tiny, take-out place on the island. You walk up to an outdoor window and wait for someone to take your order. Be patient and be prepared. While nice enough, they're not the smiling type and seemed to be slightly annoyed. Maybe they were having a bad day?? Don't let that discourage you. I think there are only two of them working in there and business seems constant. It's funny because they've got all the shades down so you really can't see in. Mysterious. You order at one window, pickup at the other.
There are a few tables with umbrellas and when we were there, really cool french pop/folk music playing quietly through outdoor speakers. Really cool!
The food was fresh and very very tasty. The first day I got salad wrap with avacado and the second I got the vegan black bean soup. There is hardly any place for a vegan to eat on the island so this place was a godsend! Thank you Sea Star!!

Pros: Delicious, Fresh, Affordable

Cons: It's outdoors, sometimes a wait, no seitan or tofu

Return to Chincoteague Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sea Star Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1603 times since Aug 2007.